Honda ATV Forum banner

engine swap

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  tomgodd 
#1 ·
I have a 300 with a cracked oil drain plug housing, does anyone know if it is possible to swap in a 350 motor, i.e. mts, drive points etc.
thanks

#2 ·
Not sure what year and model is the 300 and what year and model is the 350?

#3 ·
the 300 is a 92, I have a line on a 2002 300 will it fit? I want to replace the crankcase halve or the engine and am new to Hondas and don't know what engines/parts interchange between years/models. Is there a source for this info , I know the local dealers aren't!!! Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks

#5 ·
This is an ATV forum you know that right? but as far as your swap goes your gonna need basically everything from the SI engine tranny, wiring harness and computer maybe even the fuel and evap lines, ect ect good luck with that one.

#7 ·
Yeah I think he has the wrong honda!! but hey I think we could put an SI motor on a 450R frame!!! LOL

#9 ·
I have seen a Cub Cadet garden tractor with a Chevy 350 and 2speed powerglide in it. Crazy. A guy that worked with me Built it to goof with. It is something nuts. I dont Know what happened to him though he like quit and never have seen him again. Wish I could of seen it going down the dragstrip:eek::D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.