Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
back in the olden days we did all kinds of hair brain things to our rides. i was woundering if this one is a forgotten trick. we would take a certain sized washer cut it in half and weld it to the end of our mufflers to produce a similar sound of a jet aircraft. no more putt putt putt. in my town they made it a municipal code to not do that back in the 70's. :icon_ devil:

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
back in my '' yung '' days..lol..i always was the type of person to just run whatever would run..wide open..no muffler..straight open pipes..then ppl could not only see me comming down the side walk...THEY COULD HEAR ME COMMING A MILE AWAY !..LMFAO.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yeah that bubb rubb is much like we did but they did it a bit wrong. the washer worked better. here is an interest exhaust wistle for the hunters. kinda like to see that on an atv.

Morgan Put A Duck Whistle On The Exhaust - YouTube

oh i am so going to play with that 1983 yamamoto 175 3 wheeler i got for 50 bucks. poor little yamaha its in for some abuse.

·
Registered
873 Posts
In the old days I have used many a can to patch exhaust pipes, but would have been ashamed to have come up with something like that, even on a dark night all by myself. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
starmac
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing