Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my engine runs great, but theres a slight ticking noise coming from the motor, ive adjusted the valves 3 times and it still does it a little bit, my computer wont let me download a video off my phone so its kinda hard to describe, could it possibly be the timing chain?

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
alot of ppl with 400ex's claim thier's tick's..then again..you could be right..worn cam chain ??.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
The 400ex does have a slight ticking noise when they are running but the cam chain makes more of a slapping type of noise or rattling noise instead of a ticking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys need a little bit of help I was riding my 2018 trx 420 at full speed and the back wheels locked up on me and I came to an abrupt stop but the motor was still started so I nocked it into neutral and the bike would not move so I put it in 4wd and 1st and made it go forward made a few clunk's and eventually it freed up and would drive again but now when I drive its got a clicking iv pulled of the clutch side engine case off the clutchs look OK and seam to be OK and not got any bits of metal in the oil or lose bits just can't get what is clicking is it idels good just when u drive any idears what it could be thanks in advance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts