Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a picture of a piston removed from an engine we received this week. The good news for the customer is that we will have the engine completely remanufactured in less than 2 weeks so they can get right back to riding. Contact us here at nFLOW for all of your engine/transmission reman needs! You can reach us at 812-402-8282 or visit us on the web at www.nflowmotorsports.com.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
wow !!..got a little hot huh ?..lmao.

·
Registered
370 Posts
How in the world would you do that?

Reactions: jw7054

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
WOW< got to love the things you find when you get things from folks that have NO idea HOW to care for a motor??

35+ yrs of playing with motored toys and NEVER had a single issue even slightly close to this?? LOL
Heck, I just don't get why so many struggle to keep things running,
it ain't that hard folks, really??
a little TLC every now and then and some common sense and things last a LONG time ?? HAHA!

OH well, , guess you need folks like this to keep you in business, good thing there is NO shortage of morons out there operating/running/driving things LOL

·
Registered
381 Posts
WOW< got to love the things you find when you get things from folks that have NO idea HOW to care for a motor??

35+ yrs of playing with motored toys and NEVER had a single issue even slightly close to this?? LOL
Heck, I just don't get why so many struggle to keep things running,
it ain't that hard folks, really??
a little TLC every now and then and some common sense and things last a LONG time ?? HAHA!

OH well, , guess you need folks like this to keep you in business, good thing there is NO shortage of morons out there operating/running/driving things LOL
I agree 100%. I can't count the amount of times I've seen people getting towed out of trails with major mechanical issues that I ride hard thru all the time without an issue. If you ride long enough, shit is bound to happen but it does seem like people that ride around here are constantly breaking s**t, mostly due to negligence or lack of maintnence. I was in Lewis county last year on a trail ride when I came across a Grizzly 450 being towed out by a brute force. I stopped to see if they needed help and found out that the rear dif essentially exploded due to a lack of dif fluid. They came all the way from Delaware. i couldn't imagine driving 6 plus hours to an area with over 600 miles of trails without giving the bike a full service or at the very least a look over lol.

·
Registered
370 Posts
People like that don't deserve to drive let alone own anything with a motor. But hey you guys were smart and make a living off of it.

·
Official Site Vendor
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
that's funny now you mention it came from a Polaris
I had a buddy with a 850 sportsman , he had a serious melt down like this some what, BUT his was due to riding extended long(miles some times NON stop) wheelie's and he starved the motor of oil and she melted down on him

he was a guy that did PM"s all the time, but never thought about the oil pump going dry from being on a wheelie for so long , so often!
SO, I guess that could be what cause the above??

as I said before, I have also known a few street bike guys that had melt downs from doing long wheelies to for same reason, starving the motor of oil

SO< heads up folks LOL wheelies are fun, but can kill a motor too ~

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Yea, all the oil runs to the back of the motor when doing a wheelie. If the oil pump pickup is near the front of the motor then it stops pumping oil.

And air is not a very good lubricant.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts