Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering if there is a fix for this problem. i have a 2006 rincon 685cc. when trail riding, while going down steep hills there appears to be no engine back braking and the atv free wheels down. is there a fix that anyone know about?

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
i am wondering if there is a fix for this problem. i have a 2006 rincon 685cc. when trail riding, while going down steep hills there appears to be no engine back braking and the atv free wheels down. is there a fix that anyone know about?
Depends on what gear your in.....if your in neutral than it will obviously freewheel. 5th gear in will have more freeness too...4th...too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Depends on what gear your in.....if your in neutral than it will obviously freewheel. 5th gear in will have more freeness too...4th...too.
isnt the rincon an automatic 3 speed with reverse? i have never seen one with 5 gears

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
isnt the rincon an automatic 3 speed with reverse? i have never seen one with 5 gears
If it is, then disregard my post. I don't know about the Rincons. I just assumed that it was. My bad.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The rincon has an automotive-style automatic transmission with a hydraulic torque converter, three hydraulic clutches and an electronic control unit (ECU) to automatically select one of three forward gears and one reverse gear. The ECU monitors throttle opening, vehicle speed, engine rpm, gear selector position, brake application and engine oil temperature. As far as I know the engine braking is controlled by that ECU are you getting any error codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it can be repaired. But I don't think that it can be done ourself. You may have to visit some professionals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts