Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, and to atvs. I used to have an '80 something honda xl200 but sold it a while ago.
I just picked up an '04 trx250 ex and found the forum so signed up.
I've always wanted a quad and just recently got a job where I could save up some cash to get one,and found one I could afford.
As of right now, the right side of the swingarm (where it attaches to the frame) is missing
the hardware so it comes undone, parts were ordered to fix it, should I expect and other issues in that area?
The tires also are nearly totally bald and so ill be looking for some new ones.
What would be some good, low budget tires for minor trail riding?
I'm looking forward to having some fun on my new quad and in the forum.
Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome!! There will be a lot of people here who can help you out with your problem.. sadly i am not one of them lol

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Post some pics of the area that needs repairs.

As for the tires, what kind of riding do you expect to do? That will help narrow in on what you might need.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
welcome to the forums

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Post some pics of the area that needs repairs.

As for the tires, what kind of riding do you expect to do? That will help narrow in on what you might need.
For the most part I think it'll just be riding in the yard and alittle bit of trails.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Welcome to the forums.Thanks for staying with Honda.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
If you have ordered new parts for the swingarm then you should be ok on that. As for tires the maxxis are really good but expensive. But will last alot longer than other tires according to Redracer. So if I was to buy some it would be those. And welcome to the family!

·
Registered
383 Posts
maxxis razrs are nice.lots of tread long as your not doing burnout in the rd they should last awhile 6ply recommended.theres probly cheaper ones than razr but those will probly pop alot easier.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts