Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am needing some help yet again, ok i got all my stuff back on my rancher you know about a month ago and now the lights stay on and the switch is off.. the accessories fuse keeps blowing and the es/at shifter want work, neither will the 4x4 button and i am needing that button to work to get the 4wheeldrive engaged, can you please help me on getting those fixed.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
check for pinched wires sounds like you've grounded yourself out on something

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Agree^^ There is a wire pinched or melted together.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys so seeing how that i burnt the wires up ugh :/ what kind of wires am i going to need to use to get it back to working? any specific gage or whatever its called

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
12 gauge should be fine even 16 but I wouldn't go any less. and make sure you solder jour joints don't butt splice them and use heatshrink tubing it will seal out the water

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright man thanks for the help, i know i burnt those wires right up becuase i put a 30 amp fuse in there to see if it would work and i turned it on and it just caught up in a white smoking blaze and i was like crap so i know they are ruined

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I hope you didn't burn up any switches. electricity travels pretty fast especially when its traveling down a path of two wires to the same location.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so if i would of burned up these switches as you were saying would i br screwed? lol... im trying to fix all this stuff myself and i have done a great job those far but now i need the 4wheel drive to work (got into a mud hole the other day and didnt have it and bout screwed up all over again)

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
You can check to see if your switches work by OHMing them out just set your meter to the beep tone and connect the leads to both terminals and hit the button if you get a beep they are good if they beep before you hit the switch and not when you hit the button they are fine if you get nothing then your switch is bad. i would think any push button switch would work as long as when you push it it stays on like an off/on switch. and for rickerswitches any would work you just need to know how many terminals you'll need.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks, i hope that i can look and see about that sometime today, i have been working on my pocketbike today (needs a new clutch) and i bout to look on the 4wheeler i guess

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Just get all your wires and fuses replaced and give her a try if it works great if not start pulling switches and checking

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I was going to suggest going out to your ar and pulling the fuses from there but hey C.O.D. will work too??!LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts