Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what would cause the wire from the solenoid to the starter to get super hot? The main fuse was blown, which had never happened in the 5 years I've had it and also the battery now has to be charged almost daily. This is on an 03 300EX.

Registered
Mud, oil, and battery acid can conduct enough electricity to drain a battery. But a PARTIALLY stuck solenoid is more likely. When you feel heat in the cable, feel the starter and solenoid too. If the starter is hot, it is most likely a stuck solenoid. If the solenoid is hot is is most likely a bad switch or wire.

Premium Member
Funny the solenoid question came up. the zero turn wasnt taking a good charge, an the wires going to the battery, were getting hot. i think it was from trying to start. not charging the battery, as that was on the battery terminals.
got new soleniod, wires are cool now.
the hot wire; from starter to solenoid, was loose at solenoid, so was the hot, solenoid to battery on both ends.not real loose, but loose enough.

just before this a capacitor question, came up here, relating to a vehicle, an a capacitor when out on the ac unit.
maybe a prelude, to what i was going to have to do..
Spirits;
mostly JB
if it comes in threes,
i got 1 more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.