Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 350 is finally up and running good but still has a problem. I charged the battery up for almost 24 hrs and it's a good battery. However the electric start doesn't work unless I've just ran the wheeler for a good bit. If it sits for a bit then I have to use the pull start again. Any ideas why this might be?

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Have you tried jumping it with a set of cables and another small battery to be sure its not the battery? Cleaned your hot and ground cables on both ends? Is your solenoid clicking when it won't crank over?

If its not your battery then its your starter... probably brushes are worn really short. A starter kit fixes that.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried starting the bike with electric start with a battery pack but it makes no difference. Haven't cleaned the wire ends so I'll try that and see if anything happens. The solenoid will click when it doesn't start but irks sometimes and I tried crossing the solenoid and it didn't help so I think the solenoid is fine. I would think that the starter is fine too because it fires right up sometime and doesn't have a problem. It seems like what foshiles said would be the most likely where something drains the battery when it sits hutnhow would I test that?

·
Registered
223 Posts
A battery pack doesn't eliminate a bad battery, you could take the starter apart probably have a sticky brushes clean and reassemble but most shops that sell batteries will load test free of charge. Remove connections clean, you need to eliminate problems in order or you can just go in circles.no sure on your bike but on my sons Rincon the whole process of removing and cleaning the starter took 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts