Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first thread I'm starting in hopes of getting more specific answers. I have a 1986 trx200sx. The push to start does not work on it. The neutral light does not come on with the keys in. It has an led light that only comes on when it's running, (don't know if that matters or not). Person I bought it from states battery is new. Is there a process of elimination I can follow here ? First quad so just learning. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Aye, you posted earlier in a 98 300 thread, so I tried to help you on your 98 300... no wonder you couldn't find that diode. LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. I know this is years later but I had the same issue with a 98 300. Found the threads here and saw comments of people fixing the problem and not replying. So
I had 12v at the neutral light but no earth return. The earth side of the neutral light runs to the S3H 02 diode hidden under the lights area. Tested that 5 to 6 meg ohms.
Then tested the wire from the diode to the three pin plug which feeds the neutral, oil pressure, reverse switches which was fine.
Finally tested the three wire harness and twenty odd years of gunge had caused a break somewhere in the wire. It looked fine but hey.
Had a spare harness which I plugged in and worked sweet. Light goes, starter button works.
Could have run another wire in place but had the spare lucky enough. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts