Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help
I have an electric shift Honda and this is the 2nd time I have had this problem.
The first time it was a factory recall and all they told me was they replaced a relay, now its doing the same thing, it wont shift using the buttons on the handlebar. it been doing fine for about 3 yrs so I am assuming its the same thing.
can anyone help me in first knowing where the relay is located and how to check it

thanks in advance

its a Honda 350

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
What year?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does the N flash when you turn the key on? if so, how many times?
it doesnt now as I cleaned the relay like was talked about in another post.

Now it will shift all grears up and down however it wont shift into reverse..I can shift all the way to 5 and back down to N but it wont shift into reverse ..the R button is pulling the linkage back but I dont know if it is pulling it enough..is there a set amount or any cetain travel of the linkage I can go by :smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm having sort of the same problem with the shifting on my 2004 Honda 350 electric shifter. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I have to turn off the machine, bring the gears down manually when the machin is off then start it up again. Still it won't go into forward gears properly. Someone told me it was the battery, so I replaced it and keep it on flow charge but the problem still continues. I haven't seen this problem posted so can anyone help? T

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
does the N flash when you turn the key on? if so, how many times?
it doesnt now as I cleaned the relay like was talked about in another post.

Now it will shift all grears up and down however it wont shift into reverse..I can shift all the way to 5 and back down to N but it wont shift into reverse ..the R button is pulling the linkage back but I dont know if it is pulling it enough..is there a set amount or any cetain travel of the linkage I can go by :smile:
there should be a adjustment nut on the cable right there at the handle bar cable..you can move it one way or another to take any slack out of the cable..turn the big part of the long nut out..then tightren the smaller nut back down on it..this should make it go into reverse.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Hi, I'm having sort of the same problem with the shifting on my 2004 Honda 350 electric shifter. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I have to turn off the machine, bring the gears down manually when the machin is off then start it up again. Still it won't go into forward gears properly. Someone told me it was the battery, so I replaced it and keep it on flow charge but the problem still continues. I haven't seen this problem posted so can anyone help? T
try removing the angle sensor from the front of the motor..should be sitting right next to the shifting motor..give it a good cleaning..these tend to get dirty..and don't make a good connection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Electronic shift proplems

I have a 2000 350 rancher. It won't shift up or down after riding it for a short time. If I shut it off and back on again it works for a short time. I have to do this over and over to keep riding.....

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
I have a 2000 350 rancher. It won't shift up or down after riding it for a short time. If I shut it off and back on again it works for a short time. I have to do this over and over to keep riding.....
i wish i could help you more 55..but..as luck would have it..i don't know very much about the elec shift models..other than what i've seen or read on here..i do know they had a recall on alot of the elec shift models..now..i don't know if yours was included in those ?...from what i do know..the angle sensor..and some other elec parts that are all tied inline to the wiring..has caused some sort of problem with the elec shifting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
go to docsatvservice(dot)com and he has a bolt on hand or foot shifter for the ES models. i have this on my foreman 450 and when i get into the woods it gets me out. And on docsatvservice(dot)com he has a module that bypasses the ES wirings and is direct. i put that on my foreman and now i can go through mud and it will work and the ES has not given anymore problems since. his number is 601-659-9931

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
what code is it when the N flashes four times?
Code 4 for the 350 Rancher is gear position switch or related wire harness or ECU.

·
Registered
7 Posts
problem with electric shift

i have a 2005 honda trx 350es and im haveing the same problem and the mechanic that is looking at it for me says it the angle senser.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any help
I have an electric shift Honda and this is the 2nd time I have had this problem.
The first time it was a factory recall and all they told me was they replaced a relay, now its doing the same thing, it wont shift using the buttons on the handlebar. it been doing fine for about 3 yrs so I am assuming its the same thing.
can anyone help me in first knowing where the relay is located and how to check it

thanks in advance

its a Honda 350
The relays for up and down shift control are built into the stock shift computer but There is a Plug and Play shift kit for honda atv electric shift problems that bypasses the angle sensor and shift computer at hondaesshiftkit com
Any help

thanks in advance

its a Honda 350

1 - 20 of 21 Posts