Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
just think guys in the future there might not even be any place to ride atv's , never mind what motor is powering them
I know in my short life time, how many place I had to ride as a kid as to now, and its scary how few are left
a LOT of them rural ways of life are going down the drain, and taken for granted IMO
and a shame, as a lot of what made me and I bet many here was growing up rural and being able to sow our oats in the woods, with atv's. MX bikes, hunting, fishing, and just being away from folks, so NOT to piss them off and keep us out of trouble
we learned a lot of lessons IMO that generations of kids now will never learn or know!
we had our own ways to vent, and kids today< well they seem to be exploding in harmful ways due to lack of maybe other ways to do things!
the world is NOT going in a good direction IMO
too many people all want a cookie and the jar only hold so many!!

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
just think guys in the future there might not even be any place to ride atv's , never mind what motor is powering them
I know in my short life time, how many place I had to ride as a kid as to now, and its scary how few are left
a LOT of them rural ways of life are going down the drain, and taken for granted IMO
and a shame, as a lot of what made me and I bet many here was growing up rural and being able to sow our oats in the woods, with atv's. MX bikes, hunting, fishing, and just being away from folks, so NOT to piss them off and keep us out of trouble
we learned a lot of lessons IMO that generations of kids now will never learn or know!
we had our own ways to vent, and kids today< well they seem to be exploding in harmful ways due to lack of maybe other ways to do things!
the world is NOT going in a good direction IMO
too many people all want a cookie and the jar only hold so many!!
Lord know how many acres and miles I put on "other peoples private property" as a kid growing up..never gave much thought that I might be tresspassing...we have a neighborhood that backs up to my land, creek is the boundary..course a creek is a must-play area for kids and when I come across kids back there, I'm fine..good healthy fun...when I come across pictures on my trail cams of unknown men riding their horses, dirt bikes, ATVs, walking their dogs off leashes etc on my trails that I work hard to clear and maintain..I'm not happy with it..if there's a neighbor who'd like to ride my place and I know them and they are courtious to ask in advance...of course...welcome.
but yeah, we do a lot of camping..campgrounds...only battery carts, no machines, ordinances have been passed into law in my county due to the above mentioned tresspassers with attitudes and the $400 fines associated tend to keep all but the dumbest from blowing my property line fence/gates.
if I didn't have my own property, having an ATV would be useless, as it's an hour drive to the nearest ATV park and a $40 day fee to ride there on crappy over-used, crowded trails..most of the boys around here have ATV for hunting season and they pay into a club to get on land...and their bikes pretty much sit in the shed the rest of the time.
Govt controlled parks...forget it...don't pick a flower, don't fly a drone, don't let a potato chip fall on the ground where a bird might get it..that's called feeding the wildlife and it'll get you a big fine...
so , yeah, but the time they get the whole DC powered machines figured out and affordable...we'll be doing circles in our suburbanite back yards imaging the freedom of silent, clean energy...postive thinkers ain't we? (grin)..heck..don't matter.. I'm already staring at 63 yrs old and on of my bikes is as old as my oldest child (40 years this year), the Fourtrax is a 1993...and I expect both hondas will still be ready to play long after I can't get out of my rockin chair.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
sailors an dogs keep of the grass. was saying in Norfolk, Va..
i ran my cuda at ohio valley drag strip twice, in the et class. (et, go figure).., they might still be in business. i just cant imagine running, without a gas engine.
i have to check out the length, but i think it may have 1/4 mile.. only if had 411's stead of 273's.. i was in 3rd when i got to the finish line. 1st would wind to 60.. 2nd to 90, 3rd to .. i cant remember at the moment.. the only thing i remember, i hit 154mph, with 3 other people, in the car once 145.. something was out of balance, in the drive-train, maybe the 15" crager wheels, and after ya got past 55-65, that car would shake, like a space shuttle taking off.
tell ya the truth, i am glad i broke the base plate on the 780, duel pump holley, and bought a used 650..
if ya cant feel the engine some, hear it, feel it,, ya might as well sit on the couch, an play a video game.. ya gotta taste the mud, so to speak. hear it when it hits your ear.. i dont do a lot of mud myself atv wise. i rode race horses, and if you dont hit the dirt, you hit the mud. though i have hit the grass on occasion..
more than i want to admit..
that dont include when i was looking down, not paying attention, and run into the overhang on the 5th wheel trail trailer. lucky, no one was around, while i was looking at the stars, on my back, when i landed. lols. it only happened a couple of times maybe.. :D:rolleyes::D

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
never owned a Cuda...always loved the look and size of them though...had a comaro...same rear end setup you talk about...2nd gear could quickly push it up to around 90...never stretched it out..but I'll claim that it was a "solid 130mph car" by that I mean it was still pulling....
Solid lift cam, Edlebrock highrise intake feeding those old butterfly piston heads, old school Holly4, dual straight with just glass packs to keep the blue lights off of me..pretty much just a street car...but it could stand up and give you a thrill...that said... I still get a rush when I hammer down on the thumb throttle of my little 300... I'm just easy to please (Grin)

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
thought about this thread this past weekend... was driving down the road and saw a guy skipping along at around 25mph on his pedal bike..only he wasn't pedalling...some brand of e-bike and it was cruising great...having just come from a trail ride on my pedal bike I had to admit that at my age the thought of a bit of assistance was tempting...but for now I'll keep on pumpin..try to keep this old body in shape..and when I want to cruise.. I'll grab my old Trail90.

·
Premium Member
12,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have a 2006 E-ZipTrailz electric bike , it runs 19 mph for about 30 miles using two lithium batteries , fun to ride , but , the controller went out and are out of production , been looking for a thread on converting the controller to another style ,

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
never owned a Cuda...always loved the look and size of them though...had a comaro...same rear end setup you talk about...2nd gear could quickly push it up to around 90...never stretched it out..but I'll claim that it was a "solid 130mph car" by that I mean it was still pulling....
Solid lift cam, Edlebrock highrise intake feeding those old butterfly piston heads, old school Holly4, dual straight with just glass packs to keep the blue lights off of me..pretty much just a street car...but it could stand up and give you a thrill...that said... I still get a rush when I hammer down on the thumb throttle of my little 300... I'm just easy to please (Grin)
i did have a 3/4 cam in the 73 cuda. i want to say that speedometer registered 200. it was in the late 70's when i had it. my memory just aint what is never was.. lols
it had a positive traction differential, with clutches inside. i left a restaurant parking lot, and the light had changer just as i pulled out. so i give it the gas. next thing i know, im facing the way i came out. it did a 180.. just spun right there in the middle of the road. dont ya just love that holley Howl. :)
4speed manual, hydrolic lifters. [spellcheck says hydrolic is spelled hydrophilic] lols

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
I have a 2006 E-ZipTrailz electric bike , it runs 19 mph for about 30 miles using two lithium batteries , fun to ride , but , the controller went out and are out of production , been looking for a thread on converting the controller to another style ,
do ya got a electrical schematic, of that bike? more than one company must make those type of bikes..

·
Premium Member
12,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
no I don't have a drawing of wiring , been looking at controllers and I have 8 plugs and most after market controllers are 5 plugs -------- they still make the E-Zips , but use different motors and controllers , I guess I could retro fit the entire bike , but I have two fairly new lithium batteries and that is where the money is , they cost almost $300 each , the new bikes are 36 and 48 volts , mine is 24v

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
see..that's one of the main things that kept me away from E-bikes Fish..seemed like the technology was still rapidly evolving and hadn't settled enough yet...so it stays very expensive and they keep "learning" and then changing..
it;s getting to the point where they are exciting..tons of torque and overall performance but the price point is still a bit painful. I love my combustion engines for so many reasons, but I'd be very happy with a strong, long run battery system as well...maybe by the time I just can't pedal well enough..course by then I think it'll be my balance more than my pedal strength that will be the worry..my XL frame hybrid bike is tall and i run the saddle post way up there..so I've got a proper stroke when riding, but to mount the bike when you're already on a hill and offroad..used to be a no brainer..just stand on the left pedal and push it down while swinging the right leg up n over..these days it takes more effort not to loose control in that start up moment...just gotta change my ways.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts