Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one on here used or know of some one who has used the after market Edelbrock Carb that is made for the 400ex? If so what do you think of it or even the installation of it? Any gains? Problems? Would like to see some feedback about this cause my nephew is looking to buy one and just want a heads up.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
A friend of mine back in AZ put one on his 99. (I think it was a 99) but it was a SOB to get it dialed in. Once he did he loved the snot out of it. That i the only thing negative I ever heard, was a PITA to get it jetted.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Should be a good carb.Once dialed in like said before.

·
Super Moderator
37,192 Posts
i'm trying to figure out if your doing a quad upgrade..or a 327 belair..lmfao !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its going on a 71 GTX Shade! Thanks for all your input fellas! Our dyno will help to dial it in. I have heard bits and pieces of the same thing all of you just said. I knew a guy from Mich, who my group met up in silver lake dunes, had one on his 400ex and he had nothing but probs with it and always wanted us to work on it up there. But from what i have been researching, its about the only carb out there that will bolt up without too much adapting. I tried to put up my 05 stock 450r carb on it but have to change the choke lever or put on a cable for it cause the fuel valve is in the way. Other than that its a fairly painless swap

·
Super Moderator
37,192 Posts
i'm sure glad i stuck with stock..it's soooooooo much easier to work with..lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Edelbrock Carb

Yep, I had one installed a couple of years back on my 1999 Honda 400EX which has had the top end replaced with a new Zero Run-Time 2006 block/jug. The old Honda carb was not too reliable and jetting it was always a pain. The new Edelbrock works GREAT and is easily adjustable using the kit that came with it from the factory; although it is not easy to get to considering it is up under the fuel tank! I would do it again and if I were to own a brand new 400EX, I would have the stock Honda Carb immediately replaced with one of these Edelbrocks! You won't be sorry you spent the money on it!:happy:

·
Registered
64 Posts
thread is long dead, but for inputs sake and boredom, i have one, it is a huge pain to get dialed but once dialed whoooo buddy wakes it right up

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one on my 02 400ex and it runs great super easy to install it went right in for me. Dial it in and she will run like a scalded dog

·
Registered
141 Posts
Very nice. Glad to hear no problems. I had one years back, had trouble with the cable. Couldnt find one at the time. I run a trigger throttle and just couldnt get WOT. and correct idle within the adjustment. Went with 05' Trx 450 carb and havent looked back.... other than to see the competition! LOL I like the blue frame color. Post up a pic of the whole thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend of mine back in AZ put one on his 99. (I think it was a 99) but it was a SOB to get it dialed in. Once he did he loved the snot out of it. That i the only thing negative I ever heard, was a PITA to get it jetted.
Yep had one felt a lot better than stock but yes it was hard as hell to get dialed in you turn the idle up sounds good then throttle it and it's way too high then you get the idea

1 - 15 of 15 Posts