Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 TRX 500FA. I have had an ongoing problem for sometime now. Problem is when I start ATV, the display flashes "--". I run the trouble shooting procedure (turn ON key with up and down shift buttons pushed in; release and push in both buttons again). I get 10 flashes on the display. According to manual, this is problem with ECM. Cost is $185 and repair shop says it may not be solution. Another symptom is when I put it in reverse, the engine misses and has no power. If I reset the error code (hold down up and down shift buttons) and release, then I can back up with no problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Siregor

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there

I have a 2002 TRX 500FA. I have had an ongoing problem for sometime now. Problem is when I start ATV, the display flashes "--". I run the trouble shooting procedure (turn ON key with up and down shift buttons pushed in; release and push in both buttons again). I get 10 flashes on the display. According to manual, this is problem with ECM. Cost is $185 and repair shop says it may not be solution. Another symptom is when I put it in reverse, the engine misses and has no power. If I reset the error code (hold down up and down shift buttons) and release, then I can back up with no problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Siregor
You posted these message some months ago, did you get any help, I have had this problem for years. Aardjark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts