Honda ATV Forum banner

Drum Brakes

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Helmut 
#1 ·
This may be a stupid question but I need to know what size the right rear axle nut is on a 1986 trx200sx. I do not own a big enough wrench and I need to get these new brake shoes in before I sell the quad. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
I'm not too familiar with the 200SX, but most Honda axle nuts are 41mm. If you're talking about the nut that holds the hub on the end of the axle, it's probably a 30mm. I would use a metric ruler to measure it, because the 200SX might be different than most Hondas.

#4 ·
It could very well be a 22mm since his is an '86, too. I think most use a 30mm now. Measuring it would be the best way.

#7 ·
He was talking about the big axle nuts toward the center of the axle, not the castle nut on the end of the axle. I wasn't sure which one he was talking about either, but now I know. The axles with the axle tube running the full length of the axle don't have those big nuts. A good example of the nuts he was talking about are the axle nuts on the Fourtrax 300 that tighten up against the diff on one side and the brake cover on the other side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.