1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Looks versatile but is a handle bar mount the best place? I've seen the ones for boats. They seem to mount on any flat surface and hang from a pivot. I've thinking about this too. Hey Jeep......what do you and your friends use? LOL

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
I think any holder will be rather useless really with a carbonated beverage that doesn't have a LID on it,
as while the atv is being driven, as there is just way too many vibrations and bouncing to NOT shake a can or bottle up while in motion!

I will gather those that ride and par take in cold beverages do so using there HAND to hold it in motion!
once parks, about any holder I think will be fine??
all the guys about here that ride and drink, ALL use one hand driving skills?
maybe others found a better way, but, 25+ yrs of of roading with guys that drink and ride?? from sleds to atv's to????
I ain;'t seen a cup holder work yet for while atv or is in motion work very well! or as well as a free hand will LOL

·
Registered
44 Posts
Who needs to nurse a beverage? If you need to wet the whistle, then I would recommend a camelback. Otherwise, stop-crack-finish-then proceed.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
take a 2" pvc sleeve (coupler) , cut a a 3/8 piece of 2" pvc pipe and glue it into the bottom of the couple , use a grinder and take out the lip in the middle of the sleeve , a can will will nicely into it , with a thin coozie or not , make a mounting bracket ----also the molded hub off the end of a 2" grey pvc electrical pipe is the perfect size ----yes it is true that the beverage will get shaken up really bad if you ride with it in the holder , but when you stop you need some where to set it

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No I don't drive on payment. Yes I know the drinks have to have a top. Geez.

I like the idea of the bicycle water bottle holder, thanksmarlinman.

Thanks fishfiles.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
only reason I could see needing a top for , is to keep out the spiders , mosquitos and flies , I am sure not too worried about splashing the bike with beverage -----pavement is bad , it eats your tires away and on a bad day could get you a ticket around here

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Lucked up on a used one of these on ebay cheep so i didn't pass it over, i use the ram claw mount for my spot/work light

Attachments

Reactions: Tunafish101

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Latex surgical gloves are a MUST during the summer! Keeps those bugs & nasties out your can/drink :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Amen to a cover! sweat bee in the mouth is no good, lol!

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Looks versatile but is a handle bar mount the best place? I've seen the ones for boats. They seem to mount on any flat surface and hang from a pivot. I've thinking about this too. Hey Jeep......what do you and your friends use? LOL
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WJ3I1M/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pricey, but after trying 3-4 cheaper ones that kept dumping my beer out, I went with this one and now have one on all my rigs.

Mount it to the back bar on the front rack, and it hangs down right along the bottom of the Honda wing on the left tank cover.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
That's what I use ^^^^^^^^ works great!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts