Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a set of mud tires on 8in rims. they wont fit on my factory rims. 11's and 9's in the back. im pretty sure they are on golf cart rims and the fact that there 22's (the size of most off road golf cart tires, and there also 8in rims)

anyways...... i wanna use them. its pouring here and well i wanna go muddin.

i have tried to put the golf cart rims on before and they are a hair to small on the lug patter. im thinking about trying to drill some new holes.

i know its not the best route, but i have these wheels and tires, dont have money to go get new ones, and well i wanna use what i have. i also have spare golf cart rims too if i just so happen to hack these all to peices.

anybody got an tips or tricks???

also it might be smarter if i lay my wheel down, find the center and mesure out the distances that i need to make sure that i dont get it lopsided. if they are a little lopsided it wont be that big of a deal tho because i have my regular tires i can use i just want to use these for the mud so i wont be driving fast on them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, the might fit, but i dought it. pretty sure there golf cart rims. once it stops raining im going to check.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Man I would not know what to tell you other than if it were mine I wouldn't even attempt it. But if you try it then good luck.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Try to get it centered as close as you can, but you already know that.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhhh, i knew i should have just waited till the rain stoped and checked first.

they are actually to big. most of the center is cut out and the studs bearly even hit that. so i could drill into it but it would only have a half circle at the top of metal that is actually catching. the studs hit right on the edge of the metal.

also the stud holes are pretty small, to small to fit on my studs. what the heck kinda wheel is this. maybe somebody had a wheel and just thru these tires on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts