Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to download a picture from here, to show a member on a different site.
i could post a link to the post it is on. seems easier.
i aint posted nothing i am worried about, cept occasionally dum~barse stuff.
anything here on downloading a picture?

·
Registered
613 Posts
i want to download a picture from here, to show a member on a different site.
i could post a link to the post it is on. seems easier.
i aint posted nothing i am worried about, cept occasionally dum~barse stuff.
anything here on downloading a picture?
Right click on the photo --> Save As or Save Image As (could have choice of "download") --> save to your desktop or folder of your choice.
You can rename the image before you Save it or rename it after it is saved to your computer. Either will work.

This works for Windows, MAC and Ubuntu and is the simple method.

Any problems, let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i'm using lubuntu, a lighter version of ubuntu. i crashed it a couple of month's ago. i had to start over. i may not have downloaded all the packages i need. unlike when i used to total cars, lubuntu is free. i took some screen shots, a pita, but i can do this. it was with my camera. i cant get the save or save as, going, because i dont think lubuntu, is set up right. drag an drop dont do much as far a dragging a picture from here, and dropping it in a folder, on the PC.

"Save As or Save Image As (could have choice of "download ", i can do this, copy and paste... not with picture's though.
those two shots, are to show you my choice selection.
i can do a camera shot, but it should be easier.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
11th choice on the list, Ted. Put on your glasses. :)
i got my glasses on, but the lights are out, nobody's home, upstairs...
--> save to your desktop or folder of your choice....
that is the part i gots to work on...:grin
i dont think i know how that works anyway. i tried that, then nothing... maybe windows was different, ya think..

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks; same thing as, @GirlsRideToo. in windows, save image as, pointed to a directory.,, in Lubuntu, it does not. i'm still getting the hang of ubuntu/lubuntu/linux, {only been bout 2 years}, Free, aint easy, but worth it.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
11th choice on the list, Ted. Put on your glasses. :)
it dont matter if my glasses are on, or off. :wink.
i still cant see what in right in front of me. tool's, 40 deet spray, an so on. the deet spray, twas over, 18", from my left hand, when i write stuff here, took 1/2 hour to find, or so..
yet when i walk out in the yard, without glasses, a 4 leaf clover will scream at me, i'm here.
i dont look for these things, its a waste of time. some people see the vase, some see the crack's. the one tree that sticks out in a forest, that nobody is looking for. just a cross-wired, thing. :grin
Happy Trail's To You.. sorry that just got stuck in my head.... RR
Trigger me Dale!! -<< ( dont know why that thought struck me)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Which browser are you using with Lubuntu?

Try this:

Right click the image you want to save --> click View Image. THEN, right click the viewed image and select Save Image As.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which browser are you using with Lubuntu?

Try this:

Right click the image you want to save --> click View Image. THEN, right click the viewed image and select Save Image As.
i use firefox, the latest update.
it works, but i had to do a step first; i had to click on the image, so it got bigger.
same as you do, here, when you want to see the thumbnail. then click View image, right click the viewed image and select Save Image As. i already had the folder on my desktop. i should have explained this better. i did try this, but all i got was a tiny thumbnail, so i knew i was doing something wrong, or my OS wasnt working. so much for what i know. :grin
thanks..

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
View attachment 137496

I've highlighted the option you need.

- JB
i thought i had it. i did it twice tonight, following what GRT said, an you. it worked twice, then it stopped. not the hondaatvforum, at fault.
it did work twice with no problems. :sad

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So its not a hondaatvforums issue? I'm confused. Clarify if theres something I can assist with.

- JB
i dont think you can help at the moment.. i had it working yesterday, then it quit. i will write another post if i still am having trouble.
ed

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
after about 12 trys, i got it to working.
i clicked on the thumbnail, when the image got larger, i right clicked, save image as, and the picture when, into the folder. it's something in lubuntu, i dont understand yet. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This may be what i forgot to mention... when i use save image as, then point to a directory folder, the firse time, i have to open the 1st picture twice. then after that only once per picture. i didnt mention it before, because until now, i haven't had to repeat the process.
hope tis the only problem.

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not sure thats a forum issue. Can you explain it further?

- JB
it is not a forum issue.. i really cant explain it, in much more detail... i use linux..
so, some of my problems are different, to an extent, that they are harder/different to solve. GRT, an what you said did send me on the right path, to download pictures here, and is appreciated. come a time, ya may get more linux users.
So,, be prepared.. once it is found out linux is free, might come a storm..
course kids now days, like everything on a platter. and pay dearly for it..
so do their parent's...
Parable"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts