Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought 300ex hacked up wore harness can u explain the wires for me ..I have 2 30 fuses not blower in fuse box. ground coming from frame to negative on battery.starter relay Left side I have wire from starter motor and that's it..right side I have the red fuse wire and a wire running to positive ...I'm not getting anything no spark nothing..I tried doing the test plug no spark when I touch to motor..can u lend a hand n explain a lil more what I need to check

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Hello,

I don't mess with hacked up wiring harnesses they are a waste of time. It is better practice to replace them with another in good condition from the same year and model bike. Typically a hacked up harness leads to finding cobbled up and non-working parts on the bike as well. It wastes a lot of time trying to troubleshoot bad parts when you know you can't trust the wiring to be correct and working. The only advice I can offer is replace them. Fix it right.

You can get a copy of the service manual HERE if you don't have one yet. You'll definitely need one to work on the wiring.

Good luck and welcome to the forums!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts