Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i started to look in to a lot of things about the 300ex and 400ex and heres what i found and pics to be up loaded soon

400ex front plastic will fit on a 300ex i just picked front plastic up with the lights also i got the arms and hubs and rotors and break lines 120 and gas tank im just trying to figer out how to hook it in umm cluch lever and twist throttle all for under 200

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts
cool deal but do not do the twist throttle
!!! It's not safe on a quad.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Why is it not safe moose?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not even safe my self lol they did one of those futuie things on my and it said i wasnt going to make it to see 18 lol here it is and im almost 25 well 25 next months lol

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts
Picture yourself diving into a left hand turn, you slide off the seat to the left to kick out the tail to roost your buddies your arm is already extended you are coming out of the turn and you are using the bars to pull your weight back to the seat. What happens? you twist the throttle to wide open without even thinking because you have been so used to the thumb throttle for so long and you find yourself bottom upwards flat on your back with 300lbs on you. If quads were supposed to have twisties they would have put them on from the factory, RIGHT??? I thought so. but hey if you want to do it go for it but please be careful and ride it alot before you adventure out balls to the wall.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Good point.I never thought of that.

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts
I'm almost 40 I think of the small details... I heal slow and ache a heck of alot more than I used too. lol

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I'm sure man.But doing things like this keeps you atleast young at heart.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha no ive had them be for im not to worryed ive had some good ones lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey was wondering what anyone thought about the 400ex tank trying to put it on the 300ex

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
It probably won't fit.The frame's are different.And it's a bad idea to try to weld a different mount on a fuel tank.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
You wouldn't weld on the tank, you weld a mount on the frame.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
They make kits to do it.And I didn't know that the tanks were plastic.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Chris Borich races GNCC with a twist throttle. It takes a while to get use to it.

·
Super Moderator
18,230 Posts
Chris Borich races GNCC with a twist throttle. It takes a while to get use to it.
True but his quad has no where near the power 300 has. he needs two twistie throttles one for each hand.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts