Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at Honda frourtrax 300's. Can you tell me what changes were made from 1992-1999? From the sticky it looks like there is a weight increase starting in year 1993. Is there a year that was better then another?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
not that i know of they were the same.

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Mechanically they aren't all the same. CDI's are different, exhaust pipes are different. (in the '88 it had a bigger cam) that's just off the top of my head. cosmetically they are different throughout the years as well, the front racks are different. i believe in '94 they stopped producing them with grey seats and handlebar consoles and started producing them as black.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I am looking at Honda frourtrax 300's. Can you tell me what changes were made from 1992-1999? From the sticky it looks like there is a weight increase starting in year 1993. Is there a year that was better then another?

Thanks.
There's a few differences, but not a lot. I think the biggest difference, starting in '93, is that the frame was changed and the gas tank and I believe the front bumper and maybe some front suspension components were changed. The engines are all the same from '88-'00, with the exception of the cam and the exhaust on some years is different. There could be some minor changes in some of the internal engine parts, but all the parts will exchange, with the exception of the flywheel and stator on some years. Some years use a different brand of flywheel and stator and they can't be mixed and matched. In other words, you can't use a Nippon Denso flywheel with a Mitsba Denki stator.

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
on some models..they changed the rear axle length on the hub splines..were is..you would need a different length rear hub to fit on the axle. and on one or two years ?.they made the front axles different length's..i don't recall which year those were ??.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a few differences, but not a lot. I think the biggest difference, starting in '93, is that the frame was changed and the gas tank and I believe the front bumper and maybe some front suspension components were changed.
What change took place on the frame? Did they widen it? Which model year's frame is better?

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
There's a few differences, but not a lot. I think the biggest difference, starting in '93, is that the frame was changed and the gas tank and I believe the front bumper and maybe some front suspension components were changed.
What change took place on the frame? Did they widen it? Which model year's frame is better?
they changed the frame area for the gas tanks..amd all years from about '92-'00 are better to me...again though...all frames for the trx300's are great....what is your concern here ?..are you worried about the engine mounts ?..if so..they stayed the same at the bottom..but the changed the top mounts alittle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they changed the frame area for the gas tanks..amd all years from about '92-'00 are better to me...again though...all frames for the trx300's are great....what is your concern here ?..are you worried about the engine mounts ?..if so..they stayed the same at the bottom..but the changed the top mounts alittle.
Today 09:25 AM
I seem to remember somebody telling me to get a 96' or later. I can't remember why. I am looking at a good 92' but want to pass on it if the later years were better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 93 fourtrax 4x4 and frame is rusted to shit but motor is awesome. Looking to get this 96 frame. Would all my stuff transfer over fine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So if I buy this frame from a 96 I should b able to switch all my 93 parts motor a arms over with no problem? Thanks for the input. Going to buy it later just want to make sure I'm good

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nevermind, I just answered the question for myself. I got on parts direct and the part numbers are they same...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts