Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question on shocks, I converted my 08 Honda rancher 2wd into a 4wd everything works great but I see there is different part numbers for the shocks for 2wd and 4wd, does anyone know what the difference is between the 2, any input would be great, thanks

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
agreed, nice work on the conversion. i wouldn't worry about a difference in part numbers. probably a damping or spring stiffness minor variation from the 4x4 shocks. if what you have on there is working for you, just roll with it.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
IO would say its about load carrying, the 4x4's if I recall had higher weight ratings on racks and well, they just weight more all together, so, the 4x4 model shocks would be more HD than the 2x4 shocks would be, so they can handle the weight better, I would think finding used 4x4 shocks wouldn;t be hard if you wanted them, or even NEW one's , as shocks do wear out and this ain't no brand new atv anymore, almost 10 yrs old now, so new shocks could be a nice touch for it period!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, probably will eventually buy 4wd shocks just wanted to make sure the length wasn't different. Sorry I didn't take any pictures wish I would've

1 - 5 of 5 Posts