Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1986 125. Up until today I thought mine was the Fourtrax version. I took a look again at my VIN and it read 1986 TRX. Now, all the plastics say Fourtrax. The question that I have. What's the difference between the TRX and Fourtrax? Or are they the same. I'm a novice in all this. I'm going to be rebuilding this machine within the next week and will be posting pictures. Just want to do the rebuild correctly.

thanks for the information.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Don't know about the 86 125. But the front cover of my owner's manual says:
---------------
TRX 400EX

HONDA FOURTRAX 400EX
OWNER'S MANUAL​

---------------
I think the early sport models were called fourtrax, and Honda changed their name to Sportrax, at some point.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
There is no difference. TRX is just short for Fourtrax.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Fourtrax was Hondas naming for their quads when they first came out in 84 until the mid 2000s or so. You would also see Sportrax decals on their sport quads. Now you don't hardly see either used as they was dropped in favor of TRX

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is no difference. TRX is just short for Fourtrax.
Helmet ,
You still around ? Its 2020 now. I've read alot of your posts and answers through the years. Just want to say you know what your talking bout tha'ts for sure.Wanted to let you know you Da man . Excelent!!!! Also a guy named ( its been awhile ''hold on) ShadeTree? Pretty sure thats it.

·
Premium Member
12,462 Posts
Helmut been gone about 10 years now , Shade is still around ---- I see Shade here sometimes , seen him yesterday on atvhonda.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts