Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are the connectors located at? I want to dielectric grease to prevent issues!
1. 4x4
2.Diff Lock
3.Power Steering
2016 Foreman power steering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pack every connector on the machine full of di-electric grease, including the spark plug boot. Don't limit it to just those 3.

I was about to do it and can't figure out how to take the dang electrical connectors apart.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Most of them will have a little tab you have to pry up with a screw driver, or push down depending on the connection.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of them will have a little tab you have to pry up with a screw driver, or push down depending on the connection.

Do they have one tab on each connection or are there 2 tabs on each connection you have to hold down or pull up?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I figured it out. The only connection I can't unplug is the one on the frame the 4x4 connector I can get it off the body connector but I can't disconnect the 2 connections. Real tight I guess

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Yeah it's pretty hard to explain and not all of them are the same, just have to be careful not to break them because that is no fun at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it's pretty hard to explain and not all of them are the same, just have to be careful not to break them because that is no fun at all.

No rush I will defiantly be taking my time just having a hard time unplugging that one connector

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
also, lots of tips on youtube on how to hope connections, seen a video back not so long ago, guy had like 25 different connection types and showed tricks to OPEN each, super simple, was amazing how easy he did some?
so, try a search there, might help you a lot!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got it it's this one I had trouble with. Had dirt in it pushed button an kinda prayed with screw driver then just wiggled and wiggled finally came out

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Going to town now!! Got 4x4&Diff/ Powersterring done. Should I do the relays in the box?

·
Registered
170 Posts
That one is a b*tch! I don't like how low in the frame it is. Seems like it is always going to get splashed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That one is a b*tch! I don't like how low in the frame it is. Seems like it is always going to get splashed.

Yea I watched MUDPUPPY on YouTube he zip tied it high up near the power steering block drilled a hole in plastic and zip tied it way up there were it isn't submerged. That gray connector is the 4x4 diff lock to I figured it would be the highest were it doesn't short out when you need it. I coated the exterior of that plug as well for extra protection

1 - 17 of 17 Posts