Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here. I need a little help, having issues with my 97’ Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4 rear end. I attempted rebuilding but the damn needle bearing for pinion gear beat my ass. Broke casing, so long story short I said to hell with it and was going to try and do the 350D swap. Bought the 350 rear end and now as I’m doing more research, the bikes(rear axles) I’m seeing that are being converted look different then mine. I’ve tried putting axle in and it wasn’t acting like it wanted to slide in... the rear end diagram is the set up I have currently: the eBay picture is the 350D rear end I bought. Will this set up work on my Fourtrax or do I need to return/sell this rear end I just bought. Thanks in advance, ready to get her back in good shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The diff I ordered has studs on each side. So it will mount up just like the 300 rear end, but it has a set of studs on opposite side. The driveshaft fits fine, just have issues with axle sliding in and what to do about studs on left side of case

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
I thought when folks did a rear end swap that they swapped the entire axle hub to hub. Then modified the shop attachment

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I went ahead and pieced together a 350 D axle, got everything for around $250. Now to buy brake drum... anyone have any suggestions? Do I have to get a 86’ brake drum or should I just go with front brakes lol

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
What’s front beanies?

Ripper I’m not sure that an 86 drum set will be an exact match. I know the front brakes are not Easily interchangeable due to brake lines.
Use OEM parts finders at Rocky Mountain atv and Partzilla to be sure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts