Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
tuche!!!!! (pronounced 2-shay for the confused people)

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
LMAO!!! or just say: Hunny my bike isn't running right, I've tried everything. I think I need a 700XX for this high elevation. lol

tuche!!!!! (pronounced 2-shay for the confused people)

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
You're on to something there!!! That was how I sold her on a new rhino, Bigger motor and FI!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Newer high Tech Version of the Dial-a-jet
Intelajet
Dial-a Jet

intelajet installed

Thunder jet the least expensive
Is this the same Thunder Products that produces and sells performance air filter products and adaptors for different motorcycles?

If it is? Thunder has a great reputation. Everything I have ever purchased and installed from them works the way it should. The directions are great, the fit and finish are some of the best I've ever seen.

But looking at this Dial A Jet deal is the first time I've ever seen any product like this on the market? It looks like a system that atomizes the fuel? If it does? I can't help but to think it may give the engine a little boost in Power and improved fuel economy?

I wouldn't want to be the first on the block to test it out. But I am interested in following this along and hearing about the good and maybe bad things this system has to offer?

Definitely looks interesting.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
I have two extra carbs I may buy one and install it on one of them just to see how they work but i really dont want to part with my cash on a hunch, I think Red should try it out first.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had to go back and satisfy my own curiosity to see if it was the same Thunder? If it is, I can't tell (but I don't think the two companies are related?)

But to add this system on at a cost of $65.00 just to control the Main Jet Circuit.......I don't know? The Main Jet Circuit only controls the carb from 3/4 throttle, to Wide Open Throttle. And nothing else.

If you aren't happy with the throttle response from 3/4 to WOT? Then this may take care of your needs. If you're looking for anything other than that? I would bite the bullet and add a jet kit (if you're thinking of doing something other than leaving the carb in it's stock configuration?)

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I think Dirt wheels done a write up on the dial jet but I cannot find the issue and I don't remember what it said. I don't want one but I am curios to see if it is a good product. I will research it.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
I agree^^^ I just got off the phone with the company the dial-a-jet is the way to go for non altitue changing quads. The thunder jet if for someone who rides in changing elevations she said alot of people that run pikes peak use this one. the intelajet was designed for quads that didn't have easy access to their carb (can-am) it's a remote knob that mounts on the bars. hope that helps

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The Main Jet Circuit only controls the carb from 3/4 throttle, to Wide Open Throttle. And nothing else.

If you aren't happy with the throttle response from 3/4 to WOT? Then this may take care of your needs. If you're looking for anything other than that? I would bite the bullet and add a jet kit (if you're thinking of doing something other than leaving the carb in it's stock configuration?)
The main jet is the only thing you need to adjust for elevation change.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Because I didn't read all of the prior posting I was unaware what you were trying to accomplish using this part?

Plus I need to remember we're talking about ATV's and not street bikes.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
No goal was trying to be reached, just a conversation.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks Moose for the info!
I agree^^^ I just got off the phone with the company the dial-a-jet is the way to go for non altitue changing quads. The thunder jet if for someone who rides in changing elevations she said alot of people that run pikes peak use this one. the intelajet was designed for quads that didn't have easy access to their carb (can-am) it's a remote knob that mounts on the bars. hope that helps

·
Registered
10 Posts
well the power jet shoots raw liquid into the carb before the slides and the dial a jet premixes the air to fuel before injection and emulsified fuel is 10% of the weight or raw liquid there for faster moving and more throttle response and the intelajet it just seems to me the lines are to long to have to go from carb bowl to handle bars to intake just seems like me tubes to gets riped and more stuff to fail but anyway thats my 2cents on this i just ordered a dial a jet for my 400ex thats decked out and ill let u all know how things roll

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had one of these on a 400ex i bought. I didnt know what is was when I bought the quad. I ran with it attatched for a month then took it off one day, I didnt notice a differnce. I just recently learned what it was. I thought it was some homemade fuel injection the guy i got the quad from made.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
well the power jet shoots raw liquid into the carb before the slides and the dial a jet premixes the air to fuel before injection and emulsified fuel is 10% of the weight or raw liquid there for faster moving and more throttle response and the intelajet it just seems to me the lines are to long to have to go from carb bowl to handle bars to intake just seems like me tubes to gets riped and more stuff to fail but anyway thats my 2cents on this i just ordered a dial a jet for my 400ex thats decked out and ill let u all know how things roll
Cna;t wait to hear about the results!

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
the dial-a-jet is the way to go for non altitue changing quads. The thunder jet if for someone who rides in changing elevations she said alot of people that run pikes peak use this one.
The lady gave you false info. The Dial-a-jet was designed to be used in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. That is exactly why they designed it in the first place.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts