Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 84 200x that has a 185 motor in it it has a dg pipe on it but doesent seem to have a sperk arester on it where can i get one or does it have one inside i have no clue what to even look for

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
You will probably have to contact DG and tell them what you have and they can probably hook you up.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Dg's don't come with spark arrestors.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Some do.....

The muffler body houses a screen-type Spark Arrestor within the CNC machined 2-piece end cap.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
That thing looks so chinsee.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
That thing looks so chinsee.
But....however it may look..... it is DG and with a spark arrester.. admit defeat grasshopper...LMAO

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so what when you buy a dg pipe you have to go find a spark arrestor ,any where around here to ride you must have a spark arrestor so is the pipe for track only or somthing????????

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
They are for the trash only.I'd buy a good pipe and get rid of the dg.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I'd get a used factory pipe from some quad and make it work.I did this a while back and had a good sound.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
FMF HMF Two brothers, curtis sparks, Yoshimura, just to name a few great pipes.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The 2010 Series HMF comes with quite inserts. Stage 1 runs low 90's db level(stock is 93), stage 2 puts the DB level at mid-high 90's and stage 3(no insert) is pushing 100DB.

·
Registered
38 Posts
you can make or find spark arester packin and screens, just carful the packing behind the screen is not loose or it will fall and block the screen and over heat your ride. BEEN THERE!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts