Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shifting issues 2013 4x4 420 ES 933 km
Won't shift up or down from neutral or any gear selected manually I get four flashes on my dashboard for neutral or any any gear
Help! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Have you checked the factory service manual for fault diagnosis yet? Any issues before you lost the use of shifting? Been in deep water/mud?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only issue was overdue oil change no mud or water always in garage used very little
Changed oil according to owners manual and reset display
Tried different 30a shift motor fuse and it worked for a few shifts then quit again back to the few quick blinks then four definite blinks for whatever gear it's in!

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,410 Posts
time to remove the shifting motor cover at front of engine, and inspect the gears under it. DO NOT PULL THE SHIFT MOTOR APART !!!.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Will the gears shift manually using the shift tool?? If yes, then you need to check the gearshift switch wiring. If no, it may be a problem with the linkage. The manual will take you step-by-step how and what to check.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
Can't seem to pick up the service manual for my machine
2013 TRX420FPE with Power Steering FOURTRAX RANCHER

Can someone download it and forward it to [email removed]

Much appreciated

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
is this the original battery, as low voltage/weaker battery will cause shifting issue's

es need a GOOD battery to work well

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Only issue was overdue oil change no mud or water always in garage used very little
Changed oil according to owners manual and reset display
Tried different 30a shift motor fuse and it worked for a few shifts then quit again back to the few quick blinks then four definite blinks for whatever gear it's in!
Hi: Count the quick blinks and the slow blinks -- that is the error code to find the problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for now
Just busy in the hay field, got a drought going on here in central Manitoba, Canada and trying to find some feed
Battery is original and tests at 12.56V
Manual shift lever works fine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RE: MelaTV
Thanks

2 slow blinks followed by 4 quick blinks for any gear including neutral
Cannot download a service manual for my machine on the forum link so cannot isolate error code ???

·
Registered
613 Posts
RE: MelaTV
Thanks

2 slow blinks followed by 4 quick blinks for any gear including neutral
Cannot download a service manual for my machine on the forum link so cannot isolate error code ???

Here is the direct link. There is not a 2013 manual but the 2014 will work for you.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12hzs10L_Gwu0aVyp8vhmEXNdf2N2P7tk

If you have a PDF program you should be able to download and open the file. If not, first install a PDF program, then download the manual.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Hi: That is code 24

Look In section 14 -- page 14-29 of the service manual

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
Melatv
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing