Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really enjoy smoking and grilling—i have several smokers, grills and cookers.
Love making a boneless turkey; roasted a turducken for our shop feast. Totally ate up.

Best technique I’ve seen for deboning a turkey.

turkey ready to go onto the pellet grill. Bones all stewed and ready for stuffing mix and gravy.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
cant say as, to much. guess i aint been there..
i like the neck meat. is there any meat in the wing minus the tip?
Bro-in-law smoked a turkey this year. the dark meat didnt have much flavor, as a baked one, an the white meat was still flavorless.
course, i know its a sibling problem.. :)
lucky, i, only got to put up with it...

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant say as, to much. guess i aint been there..
i like the neck meat. is there any meat in the wing minus the tip?
Bro-in-law smoked a turkey this year. the dark meat didnt have much flavor, as a baked one, an the white meat was still flavorless.
course, i know its a sibling problem.. :)
lucky, i, only got to put up with it...
best to brine the turkey first.

brine it in one of those round construction water coolers. I use the recipe on the morton salt box—two cups both salt and sugar per 2 gallons of water. Probably need a gallon of apple cider, handful of peppercorns, and some ice. 8-18 hours, let it come up to room temperature while you drain, dry and rub it with canola or sunflower oil before you cook it.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
best to brine the turkey first.

brine it in one of those round construction water coolers. I use the recipe on the morton salt box—two cups both salt and sugar per 2 gallons of water. Probably need a gallon of apple cider, handful of peppercorns, and some ice. 8-18 hours, let it come up to room temperature while you drain, dry and rub it with canola or sunflower oil before you cook it.
those round construction coolers are good.. one of my bosses was going to throw one away, so i asked if i could have it. the spout didnt work.. i got it home, took the spout apart, perma-texed it put it back together. it worked, ever-since.. not for water drinking, but would keep beer cold.
one time fishing, wasnt much beer left much, but i need to put two good sized cat fish, somewhere. so i put them in the cooler. by the time i got home, i forgot about them..
2 or 3 days later, i was at my friends house, he reminded me, about those 2 fish, in the round cooler.. so i said, i better check it. (i gotta do something anyway). he said, ya dont wanna do this.
i know better. .. so,, i do check it..
Needless to say, the last two beers i drank, were foaming on the driveway.. :)
hu that smell, it surrounds you..
it did clear out my sinuses, though... drooling out the nose an such..
after soaking the inside of that cooler, with bleach water for 3 or 4 days,
ya couldn't tell the fish sat in there, 2 or 3 days, during the summer....
telling this story still clears out my sinuses.

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
i forgot about the eyes watering. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts