Ty Evans· Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a recent moose hunting trip my 2003 350 FM died. I started my ride before daylight and traveled 1 hour with my lights on. No problem. Returning after dark and about 3/4 the way through a 1 hour return trip I noticed my lights were starting to dim. I figured the battery was discharging so I turned off my lights the rest of the ride. I just made it back to my truck when my bike completely died. My bike would pull start and she ran horribly ( backfiring a lot ). I'd put the bike in gear and she died when I gave her some throttle. I charged the battery and it only reads 12.74 V. The battery is just a couple of years old but I guess that doesn't mean much. I checked the regulator wiring and it seems fine. The bike is running fine again but I haven't had a chance to take her for a good ride. Is there a test I could run on the regulator ? I guess I should just go out a buy a new battery and start from there but its got me thinking. Thanks in advance for any help !