Honda ATV Forum banner

CV Boot Gaurd

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  SamUK 
#1 ·
Hello....first post for me on this forum. I am coming over from a 2002 Suzuki LTF300 which has served me well through the years. I have two questions that I hope to get an answer for my new 2017 Rancher 420FM1. Can anyone recommend an upgrade replacement for the front CV boot guards with a more coverage than the stock? Second best place to purchase the service manual, would Clymers be the best? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forums, and congrats on your first Honda, you’ll love it!

I’m no help with the axle CV guards (stick stoppers) but as for manuals yes, Clymers are good. You can also download a FSM (factory service manual) from the manual and schematics sub section on this forum.

Reactions: Rancher59
#3 ·
Thanks for the comeback...Did some research on the stick guards. A few choices out there with Ricochet being the most expensive and high quality, then you have AP (aluminum products) and EMP to name a few....I believe anyone of these are better than the stock guards and will save you from replacing a boot sooner or later...I know from at least my experience...good riding....

#4 ·
Now you mention Ricochet I remeber @creed82 using some aftermarket parts from them, possibly a skid plate, I don’t remember off hand. He did a review of the product on YouTube and rated it highly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.