Honda ATV Forum banner

CRF50F in action: my 8-year-old (Video)

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  _Wilson_ 
#1 ·
Howdy friends,

It's been two weeks tomorrow since we purchased this little 2007 Honda CRF50F, and my 8-year-old has really taken to it quickly. He's a natural at running the little thing, starting it (choke and all), shifting the gears, etc. I'm very proud of him and he's loving it. Here's a short video of some ride clips from this afternoon, check him out:

#5 ·
This is the same kid that was operating the bike in the tooth-pulling video. It was funny, I had him practice his launch about 10 times before I had him pull the older boy's tooth. He had his full-throttle launch down. :) I'm glad you saw that one.

#3 ·
I can only imagine how friggin happy he is to be tearing around on that thing haha!

Reactions: creed82
#6 ·
Oh yeah. He loves it. I love to see him outside, not in front of a screen (TV, iphone, ipad, Kindle) of any sort and just doing something like this outdoors. I know there is some risk, but if the injuries can stay small (broken bones or less :) I'd rather run the risk of injury than see him wanting to veg with technology. I don't mind him spending some time on technology, but kids crave it ALL DAY these days. FYI - I would have killed (literally) to have this bike when I was a kid.

#4 ·
Howdy friends, It's been two weeks tomorrow since we purchased this little 2007 Honda CRF50F, and my 8-year-old has really taken to it quickly. He's a natural at running the little thing, starting it (choke and all), shifting the gears, etc. I'm very proud of him and he's loving it. Here's a short video of some ride clips from this afternoon, check him out
From the beginning to the end of that video, the speed/confidence started to accelerate, great for him. I suspect he will put 1000 miles on that CRF this week, LOL

#7 ·
Howdy friends, It's been two weeks tomorrow since we purchased this little 2007 Honda CRF50F, and my 8-year-old has really taken to it quickly. He's a natural at running the little thing, starting it (choke and all), shifting the gears, etc. I'm very proud of him and he's loving it. Here's a short video of some ride clips from this afternoon, check him out
From the beginning to the end of that video, the speed/confidence started to accelerate, great for him. I suspect he will put 1000 miles on that CRF this week, LOL
I hope so! He's already begging me to go on trail rides, or go ride with his buddies that have a small track.

#9 ·
I totally agree ^^^^^^^ my neighbor is a big believer in the cub scouts / Boy Scouts over the last few years he's asked me if he can take the boys on outings on my land, each time I've told heck yes! Told hm..... It builds in character, responsibility n repect, you don't see much of that anymore (sadly) .......

#12 ·
Dave had Troop 103 come back again, i was very happy he picked my place! We talked for a while at the end of my drive (always logging--- i was finishing up the blow down yellow birch) the young fellers told me they were having a great time! N Dave pulled me over to the side, quote were walking to more lain (about a mile) = were picking the ditches clean of trash ....lol ya got a enjoy the banter! Anyways i was invited to camp with them , (past cub, and Boy Scout , and proud of it!!) Short of it .... I got slightly mashed by a log .... So I'll miss out camping. I'd like to get more involved .... But sadly, there's ALWAYS that time issue . I CAN say this.... They will always have a place in the country to have outings .....pic of there camp.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.