Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discussion Starter • #1 a moment ago

Edit

I had a crank but not start and then dead battery after about 4 or 5 tries this Saturday morning.

2019 Honda Rancher 420 ES Auto and IRS.

I then charged the battery after disconecting the negative wire with a motorcycle trickle charger. In 30 minutes it started and didn't have any issue again in 55 miles on the trails, stopping and then starting again several times along the way.

I had not run the Rancher any distance in two weeks. One week ago I had drove it one block, shut it off, then drove back one block, which I had said I wouldn' t do.

So. Does the battery run down in two weeks without use? Do I have a bad battery which I should replace?

It may have been fuel pressure was down. I will check all fuel line fittings tomorrow afternoon to see if I have a loose line which is letting fuel pressure to drop in two weeks.

I thought I had a dead battery earlier this year. It may be defective.

Or do I just need to charge the battery every Friday night before I use the Rancher on Saturdays?

Do I need to disconnect the battery from the Rancher before changing?

Or can I charge it in the bike, with the lines hooked up to it?
dc

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm wondering if the Rancher 420 just uses a lot of energy when just sitting, or it they have an issue of the batteries going bad when the atv just sits at the dealer for 6 months.
dc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts