Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Honda Foreman

It currently has stock rims and tires.. I'm okay with the stock rims but would upgrade if I need to.

Could I by any chance get bigger tires/rims for my atv and what tires would you guys recommend for mud/snow that'll last?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I would recommend Swamplites.... Good all purpose tire... Good for snow and the mud..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is getting larger rims worth it for clearance reasons? Or is it not worth the money.

Looking for tires that'll last, Maybe I'll go for swamplites

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Depends on what your going to do.... if you going to be jumping... then yes you're going to need the clearance..

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yeah that’s what I was kinda getting at. It’s hard to find one tire that is good in mud, snow, and still nice to drive on the trails. Let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Yeah that’s what I was kinda getting at. It’s hard to find one tire that is good in mud, snow, and still nice to drive on the trails. Let us know what you find.
my itp mudlite AT's do great for my riding style. handle some mud, sand, snow, and trails great for me, love them !.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Hang on, the OP has a 2017 Foreman, it comes with 12” rims he doesn’t need to upgrade. I’d recommend bear claws as a good all rounder, you could run a 26” in the stock width without running into any power loss issues.

Reactions: wheelsquad

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Mud Bugs, 26", you'll have to upgrade rims as they no longer make the 11" sizes as far as I know.
Hang on, the OP has a 2017 Foreman, it comes with 12” rims he doesn’t need to upgrade. I’d recommend bear claws as a good all rounder, you could run a 26” in the stock width without running into any power loss issues.
Yep, 12" rims all around on the Foreman's. Mac is usually spot on with this stuff, honest mistake I'm sure.

I hear good things about Mudlite XTR's as well. Don't run them cause I'm rarely in mud.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Mud Bugs, 26", you'll have to upgrade rims as they no longer make the 11" sizes as far as I know.

Yep, 12" rims all around on the Foreman's. Mac is usually spot on with this stuff, honest mistake I'm sure.

I gear good things about Mudlite XTR's as well. Don't run them cause I'm rarely in mud.

Can’t win them all

Yes Foreman as 12’s stock rims are fine, I was thinking Rancher for some reason. Could go 27” on a Foreman as well if you wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
I've run a lot of tires over the years. I'm slowly transitioning all of my bikes to Mudbugs. They are lightweight, do great in the mud, the lugs are close enough together to give them a good ride on trails, and since they are so light they don't rob power.

I've got 27's on my 09 Foreman, 28's on my 06 Foreman, and 26's on the Wife's Rancher. Two of my friends bought them after seeing how well mine pull in the mud and riding my bikes and seeing how well they ride on trails.

I've got Executioners on my other 09 Foreman, and they're HEAVY and rob power. Going to eventually sell those and replace them with another set of Mudbugs.

I've gotten rid of Swamplites, Mudweisers, Mudlites, and 589's. My buddy replaced his Outlaws with Mudbugs, and said he can tell very little difference in the mud, but that his Rubicon is 1000% more pleasant to ride with the Bugs.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts

I gear good things about Mudlite XTR's as well. Don't run them cause I'm rarely in mud.

Can’t win them all

Yes Foreman as 12’s stock rims are fine, I was thinking Rancher for some reason. Could go 27” on a Foreman as well if you wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn’t resist, Mac your usually the man correcting others... I jumped at this opportunity :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts