Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's different about the cosmic grey frame from the other colors. I seen someone was selling a cosmic grey 300 and someone asked if it was a cosmic grey frame or just the plastics.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
the Cosmic color 300 was only available in 1988 (in the USA) , the fenders are grey and the frame was black , the 88 has a part number only associated with 1988 , if other frame will interchange I don't know

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
It isnt a very common bike. The only way to tell if its an original cosmic is the sticker on the frame. For someone doing a restoration the sticker on the frame is important. Other than that they are the same frame as a gen 1 300.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks did all 300s come with metal skid plates from the factory or were they the plastic pieces that only cover the bottom?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
300's were metal on the gen1 bikes. The gen2 bikes didn't have skids except one small cross member under engine case.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
300's were metal on the gen1 bikes. The gen2 bikes didn't have skids except one small cross member under engine case.
Don’t they all have a metal plate under the diff and the engine? No skid pan as such, more of a small bash guard.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Don’t they all have a metal plate under the diff and the engine? No skid pan as such, more of a small bash guard.
The Gen1 had a removable "Skid plate" that covered more than the Gen2 bikes that have the nonremovable bash bar.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
The Gen1 had a removable "Skid plate" that covered more than the Gen2 bikes that have the nonremovable bash bar.
Ahh ok, thanks for that. Never seen one with a skid plate fitted I have to admit.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Ahh ok, thanks for that. Never seen one with a skid plate fitted I have to admit.
trx300's have the main skid plate under the motor ( at least 4wd's do for sure ), but the front does not have a removable skid plate. on most 2wd frames, they have a skid plate built into the frame, kinda like a spider web, other than this ?, no..there is no skid plate in the front, just frame.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
This is the skid under my 95 300 , it is made by Rircohet , throw some after market stick stopper that cover under the lower a-arms in the front and your good to go

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
This is the skid under my 95 300 , it is made by Rircohet , throw some after market stick stopper that cover under the lower a-arms in the front and your good to go
I have one similar for mine, from DG. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have one similar for mine, from DG. Well worth the money.

I've heard of the DG ones.... I personally always buy the AC brand. That's what I have on all of my quads. Well worth the money... my .02

·
Premium Member
4,702 Posts
I have the diff guards front and rear, and the optional plastic A-arm guards.
When I first got it had some diamond plate alum A-arm guards I took them off because they covered the whole a-arm. Guess that wasn’t a bad thing just trapped a lotta trash up in there.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
I looked at one of those, maybe not that brand but still, a skid plate.. Shipping killed it for me unfortunately. Nobody supplies them over here either, pita!

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
I am waiting for an E-mail from them , they list trx300fw but no years listed , my question was will it fit a 92 , my skid plate was laying on the floor at Dick's for a week I should have gone over there and got it and tried it on the 92 ---- I was lucky to have not had to actually out right buy mine , it was part of a 300 parts deal and I ordered the hardware kit from them , they sell for about $130 new

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
Can’t remember which one I looked at but it came to nearly $400 with shipping!! For $130 I may get in touch and see if they’ll ship, that’s not a bad price at all.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Trav , stick stoppers
Shoot that's what I always call them but I didn't actually think that was the actual name of them...lol
Ok does anybody have a list or know of all the color they made the 300? Like from US and Canada and everywhere. Like there's "southern blue"
"Robin egg blue"
I just want to see what all colors were made.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts