Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 Rancher AT GPScape is Very cold natured. When operating in temps around 20degF hard to start and have to choke every time you restart even when engine is warm. any suggestions???

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
My 07 Rancher AT GPScape is Very cold natured. When operating in temps around 20degF hard to start and have to choke every time you restart even when engine is warm. any suggestions???
Some ATV's are just cold natured no matter what. I know when I used to have a 400ex that it would just NOT want to start. Even in 50 degree weather. You might as well expect to use the choke when starting in temps that low, I always have to as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The carb models are temperamental at times. I had two 4x4 Ranchers and this bugged me. The 2005 was worse for some reason so I sold it at 210 miles and got a FI Rincon. Never had a problem again. The Rincon been sitting in cold storage (winter and nowhere to ride) since Oct. I had to move it the other day, hit the key and it started right away and could move it, the 2005 400 always needed to be warmed up for several minutes to drive it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts