Honda ATV Forum banner

Check these out.

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Redracer 
#1 ·
This guy is out of his mind, there are sweet but not that sweet around $2000 wh--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1988 and 1989 honda 250r (brand new) never used: eBay Motors (item 160490386447 end time Oct-14-10 07:32:51 PDT)en new at the dealer

#2 ·
do you have a link to the auction? 2k sounds average to me. I have seen trx250r's sell in the 4-5k range, just depending on what its got.

#3 ·
Messed up with the post that is the item # on ebay motors and the cost is $85,000 for two never used TRX250 R's one 88 and one 89

#4 ·
#5 ·
Think that is a bit out of anyones budget, there is a guy in Atoka Tn that has an 86 250R 3 wheeler that lokes brand new, can get it for $2000

#7 ·
They're nice, but I would say he will be keeping them for a while.

#8 · (Edited)
holy crap! i would think 20,000 would be a high price for them. they are pretty sweet though. i dont know if its still there or not but the other day i found an atc 250r still in its original shipping crate on ebay. the starting bid was 16,000 i think, and the last time i looked it was over 30,000.

#11 ·
What is old technology on them? stock for stock, They hang pretty well with 450r's. I think if anything they were ahead of their time.

#13 ·
Yeah there is really not so much that can be done to them to make them more modern. suspension will probably always be evolving I guess. I wonder sometimes if the thumpers had more to do with dealers servicing and repair costs than environmental factors. Makes business sense, but I want something with the least amount of moving parts for extended reliability.

#15 ·
The 250R is one of the, if not the best quad ever made. It's handling is extremely crisp, even by today's standards. The geometry of the frame is the best geometry on a quad, they will handle just about any 4 stroke on the market. Those things belong in a museum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.