1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
11,311 Posts
Looks much better lifted Brett,now I guess I'm gonna hafta video mine too whenever the shocks finally arrive from 300 miles away(been almost a month waiting on them to arrive,and the USPS cannot locate them yet)...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow a month to go 300 miles? ya coulda drove there and back in one day hahaha

·
Premium Member
11,311 Posts
wow a month to go 300 miles? ya coulda drove there and back in one day hahaha
Shoot,I could have been there,and back in under 12 hours as it is just this side of Hotlanta...But the gas cost at 13 mpg tops would have almost cost me more than the shocks were new!!!

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
the idea of the spacer is great !..butttttttttt...these atv's do not have alot of room inside the front swing arm for the u-joint to turn..as you will find out in time ( maybe..maybe not ? )..by lifting the front..you narrowed the turning space inside the front swing arm right where the u-joint rotates !...soooo.i hope you don't cause this to break or rub against the swing arm ??..otherwise...your gonna need some parts soon !..lol. still..great idea !!.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the idea of the spacer is great !..butttttttttt...these atv's do not have alot of room inside the front swing arm for the u-joint to turn..as you will find out in time ( maybe..maybe not ? )..by lifting the front..you narrowed the turning space inside the front swing arm right where the u-joint rotates !...soooo.i hope you don't cause this to break or rub against the swing arm ??..otherwise...your gonna need some parts soon !..lol. still..great idea !!.
I did some comparing to other quads I have seen , old Hondas, new shocks that kind of thing and I really don't know that I lifted it a whole lot from where it should be with new shocks.my front springs were very very weak , I could sit on the front rack and compress them down almost to the tires, so I hope I don't have any problems when I get to the mountain I will run her down a hill and listen for and odd noises we can do a half hour silent run down the mountain in the snow so I can hear every little squeak and rattle

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
I did some comparing to other quads I have seen , old Hondas, new shocks that kind of thing and I really don't know that I lifted it a whole lot from where it should be with new shocks.my front springs were very very weak , I could sit on the front rack and compress them down almost to the tires, so I hope I don't have any problems when I get to the mountain I will run her down a hill and listen for and odd noises we can do a half hour silent run down the mountain in the snow so I can hear every little squeak and rattle
trust me..when that u-joint goes to hit the inside of the front swing arm ?..you won't be hearing any sweaks or rattles ??..more like a clunk clunck..snap..ohhh crap is what yu'll hear !..lmfao.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nice. Hope it keeps working well!!!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Cheap and doesn't look half bad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
here is a short vid of my cheap lift kit , total cost about 20$ and some time
any constructive comments welcome
honda 350 home made lift kit.wmv - YouTube
Do you remember the dimensions of the pieces you put in to lift it? How big the cutout are?
Do you remember the dimensions of the pieces you put in to lift it? How big the cutouts are?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts