Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I went to my local ATV parts store to look for some new tires for my 90' 300 honda fourtrax. The guy behind the counter told me that each tire was going to cost about 110$. Does this sounf accurate or can I get some cheaper tires from somewhere?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ok. I went to my local ATV parts store to look for some new tires for my 90' 300 honda fourtrax. The guy behind the counter told me that each tire was going to cost about 110$. Does this sounf accurate or can I get some cheaper tires from somewhere?
The lesson here is: Don't buy anything from a stealership. The money you save by buing them online will pay for the mounting and leave you money ahead.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I agree, you can find them cheaper, but it will depend on what type and brand of tire, too.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
What brand of tires were they? Some brands cost more than others. I usually go with Dunlops but then again I only have sport machines with lower profile tires.

Rob

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Interco has an overstock of TSL's for an 11" wheel sizes 27-9-11 and 27-12-11 for $15 ea. They are in the blem section but are just overstock. I have a buddy that bought a set for 110 shipped.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i bought cst ambushes for my 400ex for 240 online.... went to get them mounted and the dealer wanted 135 bucks to mount them since i didnt buy them from him.... soo i didnt save any money at all

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah it helps you bought them from them... if not they charge big money to mount... took mine to honda to have maintenance done and they wanted 320 bucks to take off the rims and swap out the tires or 135 if i brought in just the rims... wanted to laugh in there face

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I wouldn't take them to a dealer to have them mounted, I would find a local garage that does it. It would probably be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
yea rescue 35 little mom and pop station down the road charges 5 bucks just called them so you should be able to find alot cheaper then 110

·
Registered
30 Posts
i also bought a set of the $15 blems from interco i got all 27X9X11 and they are pretty good tires. they cost me the $110 shipped to my house. i doubt u gonna find a mud tire cheaper than that!

·
Registered
33 Posts
dealers suck!paying someone to mount them sucks too!My friends and I bought the biggest manual tire mount/dis mount machine,It costed about 150.00 shipped.we practiced on some old steel wheels first,then we mounted everything from sand tires to bear claws on aluminum rims.They were all sport quad sized and they all went fine.There are a few tricks to know(mount the machine to the floor,2 people are much better than one,soap,etc)The machine has payed for itself 3 times over in just 1 year.If you have friends that ride,get a 20.00 bill from each and you will never sweat new tires again.I was paying 30.00 each to get them done.now i can re tire a quad for around 200.00.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honda dealers suck for any kind of maintenance! I took my tires to the Polaris dealer and it was only $10 a tire to have them mounted. I don't think that is too bad. I go there now for everything I can't do myself. They mounted my Hi Lifter springs on my shocks for free.

dealers suck!paying someone to mount them sucks too!My friends and I bought the biggest manual tire mount/dis mount machine,It costed about 150.00 shipped.we practiced on some old steel wheels first,then we mounted everything from sand tires to bear claws on aluminum rims.They were all sport quad sized and they all went fine.There are a few tricks to know(mount the machine to the floor,2 people are much better than one,soap,etc)The machine has payed for itself 3 times over in just 1 year.If you have friends that ride,get a 20.00 bill from each and you will never sweat new tires again.I was paying 30.00 each to get them done.now i can re tire a quad for around 200.00.

·
Registered
94 Posts
On another post I read that Walmart mounted somebody's for $5 bucks per tire

1 - 20 of 28 Posts