Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking for input here I got a 91 250X I am getting ready to do an extensive makeover on my suspension. I have access to a set of 400EX A-Arms. If I were to put those on and extend my brake lines would the 450R shocks bolt up to them? I was told I would be needing a kit to adapt the 450R shocks to the 400EX A-arms. I am also gong to be changing the rear shock to the 450R shock the reason behind going with these are that I can get them alot cheaper than I can buying new shocks that will tote my big [email protected]*! I was also told that the 450R shock would be more than sufficent to carry my weight. Is this do able without me having to Fab up a bunch of crap to make them work? especially the rear. Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
195 Posts
I thought I saw someplace there there were brackets for the 250s and 300s to be able to mount 400/450 front shocks to them. You might need them for the top mounting. As for the a-arm mounts, I think they are the same, I could be wrong though. I have no idea about the rear shock tho. best thing i would do is ask around and see if you can get some measurements off of a 450 model.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I figured as much i got a buddy that has a 450R i'm going to take a look at his and see. i know the A-Arms will work, I just need some more comfort. It rides oretty rough right now.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I have seen it done to the trx 90. it had either 300ex or 400ex arms and it had after market shocks. It had a bracket kit on the front to mount the arms. I have also seen the brackets in the back of dirtwheels mag before

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check that out

I have seen it done to the trx 90. it had either 300ex or 400ex arms and it had after market shocks. It had a bracket kit on the front to mount the arms. I have also seen the brackets in the back of dirtwheels mag before

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
I tried to look through some of the recent mags for a name of company but I could not find the add. SORRY! but I know I have seen these products before. You maybe able to get hold of a arm or suspension company to get more info. They did not make arms for these quads. My buddy told me there was a 300 ex for sale in the local auto trader that had after market 400ex arms on it. The quad was a retired nationals quad for a kid or something but he said there are companys out there that make the conversion.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey I appreciate you looking Tom, if you come up with anything shoot me a PM I just don't want to sink the doe in it if I can just keep what I have and replace all the bushings and shocks with something comperable to my weight.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great I appreciate the info. I'll check them out

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just checked them out!! What a great looking product and very strongly built.. they are a little pricey but safety is the key here. They also offer coutom machined wheelspacers and not just bolt spacers they cover the whole hub very nice. Thank You Tom I will definitely concider them when I do my conversion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts