Honda ATV Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cant take of carb

Im trying to remove the carburator on my 2005 honda rancher. But I cant get figure out how to get the two wires on the bottom loose. Please help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
carb talk

I have be playing with my 95 300ex for some time now with the whole jetting thing. I just wanted to say thanks to ya'll for all the help. I live in south Louisiana and with that being said I was stuck with what size jet to use. Its so humid down here so I was struggling with getting the air/fuel mixture right. I have a slip on DG pipe, UNI air filter, and bored .020 over. I started with 128size main and 38 slow and it runs somewhat ok but too lean even with screw out 3 turns. Now I jumped up to 135 main and 40 slow, screw out 2 1/2 turns. Made a big difference with idle and full throttle. I may be running a lil rich now with my plug being more of a dark brown and when i rev on it it blows out black smoke. I guess I can screw down another 1/4 turn? What do you guys think?? Does my jetting size sound right also??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I have just bought an '86 fourtrax 250.
The tank was rusted and the throttle was stuck.
I put a new plastic tank on it and did a basic carb cleaning to loosen everything up.
When i re-installed it and opened up the fuel petcock, fuel pours out of the vent line.
I know very little about this stuff, but I'm assuming i may have a stuck valve.
Whaddaya think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
is this place still alive? I was reading carb questions/answers & they quit in March this year with the last guy not getting any answer? Hello o o o o

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a great post. Thanks for joining.
Howdy, sorry to bee a pain, but , I'm very computer illiterate. I joined this for help on a 87 Honda 125 fourtrax. I saw your carb info and it helped a little,,but I have no idea exactly where to go for asking my question. I thought the site had downloadable manuals, but I'm more than glad to get info from folks with the knowledge and practical experience. I am fairly mechanical, but not computer savy. Lemeeno if I'm in the right place to ask questions. Thanks Joey C.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seein if someone can help me out on carb for 05 honda recon 250es i bought a new carb for it and it will idle. But when u throttle it it want take the gas it gos dead can someone plz put me in the right direction on it plz

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
@sgtemple78,

Is that a genuine Honda carb you put on your Recon? You may get better help starting your own thread and listing all the details there.

Welcome to the forums!
Not sure i knw on the of the carb were the throttle. Cablegos in that it is smaller than the one i took off

·
Registered
3 Posts
@sgtemple78,

Is that a genuine Honda carb you put on your Recon? You may get better help starting your own thread and listing all the details there.

Welcome to the forums!
Not sure but were the throttle cable gos down in the carb is smaller than on the carb i took off of it

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
30 Participants
sgtemple78
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing