1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Short story.
1. Changed carburetor with after market one, no joy still leaking
2. Put carburetor kit in the old one still leaks
3. Purchase a manufacturer carburetor from Honda ran good for and hour then fuel pours into filter box.

What is left to do anyone?
Honda 250 Recon 2001

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Sounds like your gas tank has junk in it. And its making its way into the float needle valve. Did you try running an inline fuel filter? That would catch it before it gets into the carb atleast. But if your only going that long with a new carb i would bet you have alot of it in the tank. It may clog the filter even. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I had this happening on a dual carb Raptor not that long ago. Like Slammed said, the float valve wasn't sealing so the gas just keeps running down from the carb. It should come out the overflow hose but if that is gunked up it may not.

Here is a thread I made years ago on a Kawi forum. Applies to pretty much all carbs
Carb overflowing with gas? How to fix w/ pictures - Kawasaki ATV Forum

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
What i find is alot of people put the carb drain tube up above the carb for some reason. Never been able to figure out why. And that makes the fuel run to the next lowest point which is the intake tube usually.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
New gas line from tank to carb, and put an inline filter in it. I put a small engine cheap fuel shutoff valve in sometimes too if the factory petcock is iffy ($1 vs $40).

If you have trash in the tank, or the fuel line is disintegrating, you will get trash that will keep a float needle from seating/ sealing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts