Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - brand new to the forum and my 2001 Rancher ES 4x4 I just bought. Total newbie to ATV's, engines, etc. Bought it to start enjoying riding, and as a fix up project in my spare time to learn about engines. First thing I noticed when looking it over from a high level is most of the lines\hoses around the top of the carburator are worn\cut. They need to be replaced, but I'm having a hard time determining which exact parts they are and where to buy them. I tried searching the forums but I'm finding vaccum lines, vent lines, gas line, etc. I'm not sure what I need and would like to just buy a kit that has basically all of the lines included. Having a hard time finding anything like that. The ones in question are very visible as soon as you take the seat off. They run right along the top of the carb and at one point join a Y-like connector. Can anyone point me to the best place to find these parts, and possibly what their exact name(s) are? Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
My guess is that your bike was or is snorkeled for traversing deep water. When I got my 2006 Foreman, it had also been. Now, it is not. The idea is that those tubes are vent lines and were all tied together at a high point on the bike (the snorkel) to limit water intrusion. I stripped all of that stuff off and I don't do deep water. Period!! My bike has suffered enough abuse at the hands of the previous owner.

The only lines I think you need to worry about are carburetor vacuum lines. Either remove them or cap them off so that your bike does not have an engine vacuum leak. These leaks tend to make the fuel system mixture run lean with subsequent poor running, idling, etc.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts