Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Premium Member
Rebuild your old carb, soak it, scrub it, and soak it again. For a known good brand rebuild kit, I believe Shindy are quite good. The big issue I had with mine was the needle valve wouldn鈥檛 seal/close properly, I ended up using a Moose needle valve which did the trick.

If you search this forum you鈥檒l se MANY threads on carbs, and all will state NOT to buy any carb than OEM, the reason.... China! China make very poor quality carbs, 95% of them never working properly from new.

Reactions: shadetree

Premium Member
Rebuild your old carb, soak it, scrub it, and soak it again. For a known good brand rebuild kit, I believe Shindy are quite good. The big issue I had with mine was the needle valve wouldn鈥檛 seal/close properly, I ended up using a Moose needle valve which did the trick.

If you search this forum you鈥檒l se MANY threads on carbs, and all will state NOT to buy any carb than OEM, the reason.... China! China make very poor quality carbs, 95% of them never working properly from new.
I just don't understand folks bro ???..why do I see soooooooo many members always going straight for replacing carbs, spec with cheap china junk !!!, and thinking this is the '' all answer ''..'' quick fix '' '' don't have to bother '' messing with ?..I JUST DONT GET IT ???. folks need to stop with this thinking !!!!!!!!!!..buy a damn rebuild kit ( shindy )..or oem kit...which will cost more for each piece by the way !...lol. AND JUST REBUILD THE OLD CARB !!!!. unless that carb is just wayyyyyyyyyyy too far gone ( corrosion ? )..and can't be saved ?..THERE IS NO CARB ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH THAT CAN'T NOT BE CLEANED AND REBUILT....NONE !!!..LOL.

Premium Member
and OP ?, just a piece of wisdom !..JUST BECAUSE YOU REBUILD A CARB WITH SAY A GOOD REBUILD KIT ?..AND IT STILL WON'T RUN RIGHT ?..THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT IS THE CARB ??!!. not all issues are carb related ?!. there is a ton of things that come into play getting a motor to run..ITS NOT JUST THE CARB !.

Premium Member

I just don't understand folks bro ???..why do I see soooooooo many members always going straight for replacing carbs, spec with cheap china junk !!!, and thinking this is the '' all answer ''..'' quick fix '' '' don't have to bother '' messing with ?..I JUST DONT GET IT ???. folks need to stop with this thinking !!!!!!!!!!..buy a damn rebuild kit ( shindy )..or oem kit...which will cost more for each piece by the way !...lol. AND JUST REBUILD THE OLD CARB !!!!. unless that carb is just wayyyyyyyyyyy too far gone ( corrosion ? )..and can't be saved ?..THERE IS NO CARB ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH THAT CAN'T NOT BE CLEANED AND REBUILT....NONE !!!..LOL.
I kept the carb off the parts 450 I had after seeing used prices. I鈥檒l clean that up, soak it in diesel and then bag it up as a spare. I think it鈥檚 the price that comes into play with the aftermarket carbs, trouble is a lot don鈥檛 realise that there鈥檚 a difference between genuine and non genuine.

Premium Member
I just don't understand folks bro ???..why do I see soooooooo many members always going straight for replacing carbs, spec with cheap china junk !!!, and thinking this is the '' all answer ''..'' quick fix '' '' don't have to bother '' messing with ?..I JUST DONT GET IT ???.

Hahahahaha.... Its because Amazon & Ebay make it appealing to people who aren't mechanically inclined & want or even try to tackle a project themselves.. They think for $40 I can replace an entire component & she'll be fine!!!!!

LMAO!!! I don't really get it either though shade...

My 2cents......

Premium Member
do ya need an updated carb, or, just a new one? its a little work rebuilding one, but not all that much, and you will get plenty of guidance here. get back an tell us whats going on..

Premium Member
The carb on this thing is supposed to be stamped on the side with the fuel inlet.
QA04A
Here鈥檚 my VE90E getting ready for a rebuild
that looks nice an shiny. rumor has it, moose kit, aint as good as it was. Shindy, better?

Reactions: Goober

Premium Member
The carb on this thing is supposed to be stamped on the side with the fuel inlet.
QA04A
that looks nice an shiny. rumor has it, moose kit, aint as good as it was. Shindy, better?
shindy is made in japan, very good kits, about as good, if not better than oem if ya ask me ? :).

Premium Member
QA04A
I used a Moose kit on the rebuild of my first QA03A, because i wanted a kit with a plug. It works well I have had no problems with it鈥攈ad all the parts I needed鈥 especially the starter passage plug. Also had both oring for the throttle link drain hole and bowl drain screw.

Since then I have been using Shindy kits; they seem to be good kits but don鈥檛 include the starter passage plug or a well-fitting oring for the bowl drain screw.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.