Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where the baffle in the float bowl is suppose to go?

It doesn't fit really well anywhere. The photo in my manual isn't very clear. I put it above the float, around one of the jets when I reassembled the carb (which means it will be under the float when on the quad).

Thanks

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Anyone know where the baffle in the float bowl is suppose to go?

It doesn't fit really well anywhere. The photo in my manual isn't very clear. I put it above the float, around one of the jets when I reassembled the carb (which means it will be under the float when on the quad).

Thanks
that round plastic piece fits down on top of the main jet. the flange faces up..it has a grove in it..that rest down on top of the main jet holder...when you set the float on..then you put the plastic baffle down on the main jet. it also has a round cut out in the side of it..this is where the over flow tube from the bottom of the float bowl sits in as your putting the bowl down.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Helmet.

So, the baffle just keeps the float from resting on the bottom of the bowl, preventing the float from becoming stuck to the bowl from prolonged sitting (after the gas varnishes and becomes sticky)?

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Thanks Helmet.

So, the baffle just keeps the float from resting on the bottom of the bowl, preventing the float from becoming stuck to the bowl from prolonged sitting (after the gas varnishes and becomes sticky)?
umm..helmut ??..lol..he's slow today..lol..that baffle only keeps trash from entering your main jet..other than that..it really doesn't do anything..you could leave it out completely..and it wont efect your bike..it will just let your main jet pick up trash if it gets into your carb.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Thanks Helmet.

I think you meant Shadetree, but anyway, I agree with Shadetree. That piece fits around the main jet and it will be below the float when the carb is turned right side up. I think that piece is also supposed to keep gas from sloshing away from the main jet when the ATV is at a steep angle.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys. I must have just a read a different post and got the names mixed up, it is Monday after all.

When I removed the carb I saw a red blotchy substance mixed in with the gas in the float. Is that varnish from old gas?

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Sorry guys. I must have just a read a different post and got the names mixed up, it is Monday after all.

When I removed the carb I saw a red blotchy substance mixed in with the gas in the float. Is that varnish from old gas?
yes..that is what that is..get some gum out carb spray..make sure you remove the o-rings from carb before you spray it with this stuff..and watch out for any rubber parts period..it will destroy it !..but..this is the only thing i know of that even removes that sticky crap from you know where !..lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts