Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to rebuild the carb on my 2000 450S Foreman. I see the price from $11 to $30 for a basic kit on eBay. I like quality replacement parts but all I see is from China. Anybody have a suggestion or what one to avoid at all costs? Are the $11 ones fine?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I think it was a 'moose' kit I used for the TRX250. Seems to work fine.

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
You'll probably be fine with a cheap china kit if all you expect to need to replace are the rubber parts. I got one for $11 for my 350D and it had everything I needed. I threw away all the hard parts (jets etc.) in my kit cause those were very poor copies and certain to make the motor run terribly, if it would have run at all. You can clean up any corrosion of your original hard parts in a lemon juice and water soak, so no sense in changing any of them out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll just use the rubber out of the kit. Pulled the gas tank and cleaned it up really good tonight. Had a little sand like sediment in the tank. Not much but enough to clog a jet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.