Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 1996 trx300ex I got for cheap they had one of the Amazon carbs on their it dove me nuts the top would always fall apart so I put on a oem honda one on for a 1996-2000 trx300fw I'm trying to figure out the proper jetting the model number is 16100-HMS-L01it does have an aftermarket exhaust stock air filter

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello I have a 1996 trx300ex I got for cheap they had one of the Amazon carbs on their it dove me nuts the top would always fall apart so I put on a oem honda one on for a 1996-2000 trx300fw I'm trying to figure out the proper jetting the model number is 16100-HMS-L01it does have an aftermarket exhaust stock air filter
main jet is a 120 or 125 idle jet is a 40 you may have to go up a size or 2 on the main because of the exhaust

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried a 125 and a 130 main jet it still runs like crap at 3/4 to top end it has a k/n air filter with a stock air box and a DG performance exhaust I had flames coming out of it while it was backfiring does that mean to much fuel should I go lower my machine is a trx300ex but had a carb on for a trx300fw it is shorter then the original so theirs a spacer in the air box hose or is their something else wrong with it

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tried a 125 and a 130 main jet it still runs like crap at 3/4 to top end it has a k/n air filter with a stock air box and a DG performance exhaust I had flames coming out of it while it was backfiring does that mean to much fuel should I go lower my machine is a trx300ex but had a carb on for a trx300fw it is shorter then the original so theirs a spacer in the air box hose or is their something else wrong with it
where you getting the backfire at 3/4 to full throttle ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts