Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 honda trx250x
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cleaned my carb on my 1991 honda trx250x and when I put everything back together it idles way to high ive adjusted every thing that i could and nothing changed any ideas thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just spitballing but did you reset your idle screw and mix screw to factory? I've over looked this before a few times. If left in the same position as dirty, when clean it can cause that.

·
Registered
1991 honda trx250x
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest I don't exactly know where the idle screw is lol the carb was bad when I got the 4 wheeler and i went to clean and now messed up it idles way to high loosening bolts of hard im trying to find what the stock specs are honestly and have no luck at all ive adjusted everything I can on there and played with it people say adjust while running well i cant lol ive adjusted the jets in float bowl and nothing I dont think any of its set right and seem to not be able to find anyone close to fix without charging so much for a simple fix lol ill post pics maybe you can look and tell me where all is and what to do lol want to get it to run right so i can trade for something bigger

Attachments

·
Registered
1991 honda trx250x
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only reason I cleaned my self was to high priced for someone to do it that knows and i watched you tube video but not same carb and wasn't to detailed on explaining

1 - 4 of 4 Posts