Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right we have all done some dumb things but can u beat this. After a great Fathers Day ride, the wife and kids off to the bathroom I load up the quads. I drive my quad up on the trailer and go a bit to far. I put the quad into reverse hit the gas but jumps back into drive. My front wheels are heading over so I gun the throttle to get good clearance as to not get bottom hung up on trailer. All is well but front plants down and I end up vertical on the front tires and quad starts to go over. I try to jump off and leg gets pinned between handle bars and quad expecting to her a crack when a tree catches the quad and I get out. The guys in the staging area were great, helped me out and all tried not to laugh to hard. I knew I made their day. Quad is fine just my ego bruised. Who can beat that!!!

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Probably was funny, but glad you wasn't hurt.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ha man that sounds like hell! A few years back my dad was trying to take our 650 off of the trailor on christmas eve. Needless to say, it was cold. The throttle was stuck and while in reverse he put a lot of pressure on it. It came loose, then stuck again while pushed all the way in. The atv (and my father) shot off of the trailor and hit a truck, throwing my dad onto the ground. It climbed the side of the truck and then drove in a circle and ran right over my dad!!! It kept going and finally stopped on its nose after it climbed a tree and almost flipped. It was my dad, my brother and I. Ill skip the details but we pushed it onto the trailor & went home. My dad had no broken bones, just a little soreness. The culprit was a lack of some kind of fluid, not sure what exactly. That atv is now my favorite due to the power!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tapping Out!!!! Glad your Dad was ok and have to say that is what I needed. I am not the only one, LOL

·
Registered
282 Posts
Glad to make you feel better. Ha I geuss he just didnt think to flip the kill switch.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oh yeah i sure was. My mom still sings daddy got ran over by a four wheeler around the holiday season...

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
One of my buddies tried to jump his 4-wheeler out of the back of his truck backwards. LOL. He thought it would land on the tires. I told him it wouldn't work, but he wouldn't listen. He landed on the back of the ATV and then it flipped over on top of him. It was a 4wd truck with big tires and a lift, so it was pretty high off the ground. I still laugh when I think about that. LMAO. Reverse is geared too low, plus he didn't have room to get his speed up. I can't believe he thought he could do that. LOL. He didn't get hurt, though.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
glad to hear you guys are okay, and helmut i would have laughed like hell. just knowing it was coming, then watching it happen.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
glad to hear you guys are okay, and helmut i would have laughed like hell. just knowing it was coming, then watching it happen.
Yeah, I did laugh and I still laugh when I think about it. LMAO.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
climbed a 12 foot hill, only to have a small chid pull in front of me at the top , hard right turn to avoid the smearing of child , sideways back down same hill only to land before the rancher did, it landed softly on me , 3 broken ribs on right side, 1 colapsed lung, and a dislocated shoulder, but the rancher was not hurt and the kids dad felt like hell, great day it was !

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
i got one for ya..lmfaoo..i was ridding a atv up onto a work table..but before i did..i told my buddy that the brakes were bad..he said.no..thier ok..well..i started to go up the ramps...wouldn't you know this very time..the trottle sticks wide open..low and behold..off the other end i went..into the wall..crashing into the shelves..knocking eveything down onto of me..luckly i didn't break any bones..lmfaoo..he comes walking back into the shop..looks over at me.say's..wtf happend ????..i said..welllllll..the brakes did not work !..he said..that they were working the day before....( skip a day ahead )..he's ridding the very same bike up onto the work table..it does the very same thing..i look over at him..and say..hey..those brakes are good ya know !...lmfaooooo.

·
Registered
535 Posts
LOL...I can't top any of those.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts