Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you could run 27 in Kenda bear claw HTR on a 2018 Honda Rubicon DCT 4 x 4 without doing a gear reduction? also I was wondering if it takes away a lot of power from the 4-wheeler?

·
Registered
2020 520 rubicon foot shift
84 Posts
They will be fine, any bigger better tire takes away a little power, its as much the traction and weight as bigger size. If your worried about it get 26's. The htr's run true to size and the stock tires are short, so 26's are 2 inches bigger than stock.
I put 27x9 cst anclas tires (they're 26 1/2 inches tall so 2 1/2 inches taller than stock) on my 520 and it goes faster and works better than stock, these atvs are geared for 27 inch tires from the factory IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will be fine, any bigger better tire takes away a little power, its as much the traction and weight as bigger size. If your worried about it get 26's. The htr's run true to size and the stock tires are short, so 26's are 2 inches bigger than stock.
I put 27x9 cst anclas tires (they're 26 1/2 inches tall so 2 1/2 inches taller than stock) on my 520 and it goes faster and works better than stock, these atvs are geared for 27 inch tires from the factory IMO.
Thanks for the info. I’m going with 27

1 - 3 of 3 Posts